Thread: NTDLR is missing... booting VMware

Default NTDLR is missing... booting VMware

i am trying to boot the VMware version of BT3 off a secondary hard drive in my desktop...
    after going through the BIOS to boot of the secondary HD i receive the message:
    NTLDR is missing

what should i do?

Quote Originally Posted by benzslr123 View Post
    i am trying to boot the VMware version of BT3 off a secondary hard drive in my desktop...
    Uuuuh, you can't do that ?!
    The VMware Version is an Image for VMware and not made for booting from it , it is not a full functionally Operation System.

after going through the BIOS to boot of the secondary HD i receive the message:
    NTLDR is missing
    I suppose you have no OS on you second hdd, so this error is preassigned.
    If you need more info , read ntldrismissing.com.

Download the usb version or the live cd and follow one of the numerous tutorials how to install BT to hd, or use your VMware Image within VMware!
    Be sensitive in choosing where you ask your question. You are likely to be ignored, or written off as a loser, if you:

* post your question to a forum where it's off topic
    * post a very elementary question to a forum where advanced technical questions are expected, or vice-versa
    * cross-post to too many different newsgroups
    * post a personal e-mail to somebody who is neither an acquaintance of yours nor personally responsible for solving your problem

tried the USB version and got the same message =\

i have windows XP on the primary drive

Quote Originally Posted by benzslr123 View Post
    tried the USB version and got the same message =\

i have windows XP on the primary drive
    I think you miss a basic point in your proceeding. Did you run the bootinstall.bat on your external hdd?

(Re)look at some of the great tutorials on how to install BT on hdd.
    If you still get the error, look if you have the correct boot order in your Bios.

If all fails, please post step by step what you're doing from the beginning.
    Be sensitive in choosing where you ask your question. You are likely to be ignored, or written off as a loser, if you:

* post your question to a forum where it's off topic
    * post a very elementary question to a forum where advanced technical questions are expected, or vice-versa
    * cross-post to too many different newsgroups
    * post a personal e-mail to somebody who is neither an acquaintance of yours nor personally responsible for solving your problem

the secondary HDD is internal, but this should not make a difference, right?

i did run bootinstall.bat