Thread: no eth0, cant connect to wired router

Just burned his ISO

Default no eth0, cant connect to wired router

I know the first thing that will be told to me is read the forums but for the love of jebus i have been searching these forums to find the post that solved my problem last time but i cant find it. So i have to ask then i will bookmark the answer so to never ask again. I have an hp dv5000 series laptop running bt3 via usb. When i ifconfig, my eth0 does not show up. ifconfig up/down fails. A previous post had listed a command to type in that made bt discover my eth0 then i was able to dhcpcd to get my ip address and everything worked. I just cant find that command. Can anyone please point me to that post so i can bookmark it.

Developer

bt~#modprobe e100
    bt~#ifconfig eth0 up
    bt~#dhcpcd eth0

Just burned his ISO

AHH THATS IT THANK YOU!!!! You guys are awesome. Page bookmarked.

since you didn't say what type of card it was I'm not sure if this will help but I had a similer problem with my marvel yukon nic. Anyhow if you go to marvels webpage they have new Linux drivers so you won't have to keep typing that cmd.
    Morpheus: "You take the blue pill - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill - you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes."

Neo: "What if I take both?"

Morpheus: "Don't do that! You end up like Nick Nolte!"

Developer

All you have to do is add the e100 module to your kernel module autoload file and it will be loaded at boot or make a little script with those commands and add it to rc.local or some other start script.