Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Basic help with airsnarf or karma

Default Basic help with airsnarf or karma

hi
    I think this request should go in idiots corner as I am stuck And think I have lost the plot.
    I have been trying for months to set up both karma and airsnarf and no way can I get an html page from them. Could some nice member point me to the basic way of doing this. I have gone down so many avenues and still failed. I wonder if it's my installation of BT3 or my equipment.
    Using BT3 on eepc installed on SD card.
    Using XP laptop to try to connect and monitoring with my old scrap laptop using airodump
    I am not bothered if I someone can help with karma or airsnarf or is karmetasploit a replacement for karma.
    Is it possible to setup a basic AP with dhcpd running, connect and get an html returned just to test my equipment.
    many thanks

127.0.0.1:8000?

^^try typing that into your browser^^

What equipment are you using?

TT
    Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

using BT3 on eeepc
    thanks

I just used the already configred apache server with BT3, with the Airsnarf.cgi script to write passwords to a text file. This works perfectly for me with Karma.

Can you explain further do you have karma sucessfully working?

What do you mean by sucessfully working? It responds to probes but did the once send back the hello world html page but wont do it again. Airsnarf wont send a html page. How do you run airsnarf and what configuration are you using.
    many thanks.

What I mean by sucessfully working is are you allocating DHCP addresses to connecting wireless clients?

I'm using Karma configured with Diginija's Karma patches http://www.digininja.org/

As mentioned I use the Apache webserver supplied with BT3 and the Airsnarf login page and cgi script supplied.

This is what I am using and diginja has tried helping on the pauldotcom forum but unfortunatly I still cant get things working.
    You mention Apache webserver, how do I check this is working because I have not been down that avenue. I think with all the help you good peple have given I must have something very basic not right as its similar problem on both airsnarf and karma.
    many thanks.

Services, HTTPD, Start HTTPD CGI

So do you have Karma working?

Hi thanks for your response
    snarf shows up in my XP laptop and says it's connected
    so I guess it's working
    then run firefox on XP laptop and get Address Not Found
    eeepc (which is running the Airsnarf is showing Waiting for connections

XP ipconfig shows IP 192.168.99.50
    on eeepc in another console ping 192.168.199.50 receives packets OK

So I assume Airsnarf is OK and XP box connected, do I have an dhcp or dns problem on eeePC, How do I check?

Karma similar problem , firefox returns Address not found.

Your previous reply - Services, HTTPD, Start HTTPD CGI please could you explain.
    many thanks for your help

I would first start the Apache webserver under BT3 Services, HTTPD, Start HTTPD CGI or at the command line by using apachectl start.

On the eeePC running BT3 start firefox and browse to http://127.0.0.1

You should see the Apache web page.

Now try browsing on your XP machine, first to the IP address allocated to the eeePC then to any destination e.g. www.google.com

Fingers crossed you will see the apache web page running on your eeePC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast