Thread: BT3F + vista dual.

Default BT3F + vista dual.

alrighty, i just bought a new laptop thats i just put a fresh new install of Vista x64.. it also has a nvidia 9200m gs video card... I want to make a dual boot but obviously the live cd only works in Vesa KDE mode. n for some reason its not letting me unmount /dev/sda1 . yes ive searched and everything so don't give me a lecture please. What is needed to be done so i can get into KDE or Flux to do a hard install? also when i add acpi=off tp kde start line i get a Error : KUniqueApplication : Registering Failed. help please.

Quote Originally Posted by zero visual View Post
    alrighty, i just bought a new laptop thats i just put a fresh new install of Vista x64.. it also has a nvidia 9200m gs video card... I want to make a dual boot but obviously the live cd only works in Vesa KDE mode. n for some reason its not letting me unmount /dev/sda1 . yes ive searched and everything so don't give me a lecture please. What is needed to be done so i can get into KDE or Flux to do a hard install? also when i add acpi=off tp kde start line i get a Error : KUniqueApplication : Registering Failed. help please.
    First off, the Live CD can be run in any of the options listed. Why else would they be there?

Second, you do not need a GUI to do a HDD install or anything else for that matter. Follow the install guides here on the forum or one from the wiki. If you still want a GUI, Compiz for instance since you have the nVidia hardware, follow my tutorial on Compiz HDD installs and you should be set. Otherwise read, read, read. I'm sure you will figure it out.

"The goal of every man should be to continue living even after he can no longer draw breath."

~ShadowKill

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowKill View Post
    First off, the Live CD can be run in any of the options listed. Why else would they be there?

Second, you do not need a GUI to do a HDD install or anything else for that matter. Follow the install guides here on the forum or one from the wiki. If you still want a GUI, Compiz for instance since you have the nVidia hardware, follow my tutorial on Compiz HDD installs and you should be set. Otherwise read, read, read. I'm sure you will figure it out.
    The live-cd would only boot using Vesa-KDE but Sounds good, i will work at it some more and hopefully get it. I posted that lastnight when I was exhausted and just wanted it installed (little frustrated) but none the less i will post my result. thanks Shadow.

Quote Originally Posted by zero visual View Post
    The live-cd would only boot using Vesa-KDE but Sounds good, i will work at it some more and hopefully get it. I posted that lastnight when I was exhausted and just wanted it installed (little frustrated) but none the less i will post my result. thanks Shadow.
    No worries my friend. Let me know how your progress goes and I will help you along the way.

"The goal of every man should be to continue living even after he can no longer draw breath."

~ShadowKill

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowKill View Post
    No worries my friend. Let me know how your progress goes and I will help you along the way.
    The rest of us will push up our taped glasses and make fun of you.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    The rest of us will push up our taped glasses and make fun of you.
    Lol, play nice Barry. Have you not had your daily dose(s) of coffee again

EDIT: W00t on your post count being 1,337!!!!!!!!

~ShadowKill

alrighty well.. im having some trouble unmounting sda1 .. says command not found. i did unmount /dev/sda1 - didn't work then i tried unmount /mnt/sda1 and nothing.. just keep getting -bash: unmount : command not found

it's umount NOT unmount

Quote Originally Posted by balding_parrot View Post
    it's umount NOT unmount
    wow. I am officially a noob! lol brain must be fried from the midterms..
    but non the less i got it working great! thanks guys!