Thread: BT2 to BT3 Final - Upgrade?

Just burned his ISO

Default BT2 to BT3 Final - Upgrade?

Hi There,

Tried to install BT3 onto my EEE to no avail. It just won't work. Could be my BIOS set up or something. I really don't know. I managed to get BT2 Final onboard and booting however I would like to upgrade to BT3 if possible.

Can anyone tell me if this is possible?

Many Thanks,

ironclaw

Quote Originally Posted by ironclaw View Post
    Hi There,

Tried to install BT3 onto my EEE to no avail. It just won't work. Could be my BIOS set up or something. I really don't know. I managed to get BT2 Final onboard and booting however I would like to upgrade to BT3 if possible.

Can anyone tell me if this is possible?

Many Thanks,

ironclaw
    If BT2 works, BT3 will work. I'm not saying you're doing something wrong, but you're doing something wrong.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Just burned his ISO

True... I'll keep tipping round with the different installs anyways. Thanks!

True... I'll keep tipping round with the different installs anyways. Thanks!
    The install methods are nearly identical. Which how-to are you using?
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Just burned his ISO

Right, I got it installed. However, I can't get eth0 or ath0 to work (i.e. No ethernet or wireless access) Which WPA-Supplicant should I be using? And for ethernet, which settings under kwlan should I be using? I tried DNS and IP addresses.

Right, I got it installed. However, I can't get eth0 or ath0 to work (i.e. No ethernet or wireless access) Which WPA-Supplicant should I be using? And for ethernet, which settings under kwlan should I be using? I tried DNS and IP addresses.
    Which eeePc are you using? For the eth0 interface do a "ifconfig eth0 up". That should get it going. For the ath0 the built in drivers should work. I've had issues with the bios disabling the wifi card until I pull the battery for a minute or two. Don't know why it happens, but it happens. Usually when I change from booting the ssd to a sd card or back the other way.