Thread: macchanger question?

Just burned his ISO

Default macchanger question?

Just a quick question about macchanger. I was unable to find an answer to....

I'm using BT3 final (cd) and a Alfa AWUS036H

In BT3 the macchanger works flawless.. However when I reboot the computer into Winblows I noticed the mac address is still set to what it was changed to in BT3..

Do i need to run the macchanger again in BT3 to set it back to the orginal MAC? for it to work in XP?.

I tried it with my D-link card and the MAC was reset to factory MAC after reboot.

Is it something with the Alfa card writing the new changed MAC to the chipset?

Thanks for your help...

ZoSo50

Just burned his ISO

i dont know why it doesnt stay but i know that macmakeup works on windows. and it will stick after reboot as well

http://www.gorlani.com/publicprj/mac.../macmakeup.asp

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by ZoSo50 View Post
    Just a quick question about macchanger. I was unable to find an answer to....

I'm using BT3 final (cd) and a Alfa AWUS036H

In BT3 the macchanger works flawless.. However when I reboot the computer into Winblows I noticed the mac address is still set to what it was changed to in BT3..

Do i need to run the macchanger again in BT3 to set it back to the orginal MAC? for it to work in XP?.

I tried it with my D-link card and the MAC was reset to factory MAC after reboot.

Is it something with the Alfa card writing the new changed MAC to the chipset?

Thanks for your help...

ZoSo50
    On iwl3945 and atheros the mac returns to the default/firmware value after reboot, so this looks like an Alpha specific issue.

your doing a full reboot of the computer and its still holding the spoofed mac? Never seen that before since it shouldnt do that cuz every card I have done that with resets as soon as you reboot the comp. What command did you use to spoof the mac?

Quote Originally Posted by kdiggity317 View Post
    What command did you use to spoof the mac?
    The command ZoSo50 used was:
    Code:
    #macchanger --mac <spoofedMac> <interface>
    I have noticed this with my alfa as well, when changing the mac in backtrack and then rebooting into windows without unpluging the usb.
    When hungry, eat your rice; when tired, close your eyes. Fools may laugh at me, but wise men will know what I mean. -- Lin-Chi
    - - - - - - - -
    I slept once, it was a Tuesday.