Thread: Backtrack and Nintendo DS

Just burned his ISO

Default Backtrack and Nintendo DS

Im now starting interesting project. Im trying put backtrack to Nintendo DS, i have Normal Nintendo DS, M3 Supercard with RAM support and 1gb Mini SD. If enyone have try this before or do it already, pls tell me.

Uhh, what processor is running on the DS?

Ahh, found the dslinux page. I don't think it's going to be able to run any of the backtrack apps.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Just burned his ISO

Damn... Yeah its ARM9 67 MHz, but i want to test it enyway .
    Do you think that its possible to run airodump-ng and get packages?

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroZone View Post
    Damn... Yeah its ARM9 67 MHz, but i want to test it enyway .
    Do you think that its possible to run airodump-ng and get packages?
    That would be a long maybe.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

I doubt you can get much, if any, of the BT tools running on the DS. Good luck with it, though.

For what it's worth, a friend was running a Linux package with a wireless packet capture application on a DS at DefCon 15, so I know there are some tools out there for Linux and wireless on the DS.
    Thorn
    Stop the TSA now! Boycott the airlines.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
    For what it's worth, a friend was running a Linux package with a wireless packet capture application on a DS at DefCon 15, so I know there are some tools out there for Linux and wireless on the DS.
    For sure there is the dswifi library developed on Nintendo DS. The library allows writing homebrew programs to wirelessly communicate over the internet using UDP, with TCP. There is an example program shipped with the source that is a wardriving test application that shows a list of wireless access points that the DS can pick up. You can get it at http //akkit.org/dswifi/index.html .

I tested it on an NDS and it actually picked up quite successfully a few hotspots around my house; there is an option to also look at pcap and it didn't require any additional memory. This is a homebrew app for NDS, not a Linux app.

To run Linux on NDS instead you would need a memory expansion and there are already a few distros around, not sure any of them provide wireless support with packet injection, but as Thorn says there definitely is at least one working that supports packet capture. Considering the NDS performance, porting BT3 would be useless, you would have better success in using a supported NDS distro and adding aircrack on it.