Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dell Mini 9

Just burned his ISO

Default Dell Mini 9

Hey there I just made a bootable USB stick for my mini 9. so far... I've had to use the EEE tricks to get the video working, and not very well at that, it looks crisp but no compiz.. Anyone else having these issues? Willing to take any criticism... thanks

I don't know why they bothered putting compiz in there. It's not needed in a pentesting distro. If you want pretty shit flying around the screen use a Mac or Vista, but not Vista on a Mac, cause that's just wrong.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    I don't know why they bothered putting compiz in there. It's not needed in a pentesting distro. If you want pretty shit flying around the screen use a Mac or Vista, but not Vista on a Mac, cause that's just wrong.
    You're only really l33t if you have Compiz-Fusion running. It's a well known fact, if you were l33t, you'd know that.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    You're only really l33t if you have Compiz-Fusion running. It's a well known fact, if you were l33t, you'd know that.
    For shizzle!! someone who knows what they're talking about!! lol I've got an install of OSX on this mini9 Ubuntu 8.04 (only recognizes 800~mb ram) and xp.. Slax was my first linux distro, and wanted to see what the rage was with BT3.

Quote Originally Posted by alexanderjohn View Post
    For shizzle!! someone who knows what they're talking about!! lol I've got an install of OSX on this mini9 Ubuntu 8.04 (only recognizes 800~mb ram) and xp.. Slax was my first linux distro, and wanted to see what the rage was with BT3.
    Running OSX on a non Apple machine is like running Windows Me on a pc. Sure it runs, but give it a minute.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Running OSX on a non Apple machine is like running Windows Me on a pc. Sure it runs, but give it a minute.
    Heh.. seriously it runs very smooth... even recognizes 2gb ram... only things it doesnt do is see the sd reader and it doesn't sleep... but hey... I'm searching for an intel 950 graphics driver for bt3... any help?

Hey alexanderjohn,

i'm having the exact same problem as you.
    I can't actually get anything to load up, you said you got it to work somehow?

i can live without compiz, i just want it to work normally.

Edit:

i just booted into bT3 just using vesa mode as the option,
    but now it won't recognize the wireless card.

Lame. research continuing...

and i guess if i can't get wireless working on this i will just buy this external card. http://www.microcom.us/awus036h.html
    Become the change you seek in the world. - Gandhi
    The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Albert Einstein
    Don't judge the unknown - Grindordie

Just burned his ISO

Biscut... I followed this thread "forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?p=102614" (sorry I couldn't post the link to the thread) to get the screen to show up... but I haven't had a lot of time to tinker with it for a couple days... I'm at work right now, I'll try and discover more tonight.

one other link that may help... www (dot) thinkwiki.org/wiki/Intel_Graphics_Media_Accelerator_950 (again you'll have to cut and paste and remove the (dot) and replace with .) it should help out with understanding the graphics driver

cool cool, thanks for that.

i did some more searching and some other members on here didn't like the dell mini b/c of the driver incompatibility(s?) and the need to compile.

i got vesa mode which works, just wireless is what i need for the time being.

i'll check that out for sure.

thanks again, and does your wireless card on your mini work in backtrack 3?
    Become the change you seek in the world. - Gandhi
    The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Albert Einstein
    Don't judge the unknown - Grindordie

Just burned his ISO

no it hasn't yet worked... we'll get this thing nailed...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast