Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Having trouble installing netgear USB WG111T to VMware BT3!

Just burned his ISO

Default Having trouble installing netgear USB WG111T to VMware BT3!

I am having some problems that make sense to a point, but at same time confuse me. I have been using BT3 for a few weeks, and read somewhere that the drivers for the WG111T USB wifi card ARE embedded in the VMware version of BT3. So i changed from running BT3 LIVE off the ISO, and installed the VMware copy. The problem is i cannot seem to bridge even my internal NIC card, which works fine with the LIVE version ISO. I assume this is because it is being used with windows, so BT3 wont take control of this. That is fine by me since i got a USB Netgear WG111T to use. This card works fine with windows, but i cannot get it to work with BT3 VMware. I used the ndiswrapper -i X.inf to install the drivers (i think they were the right ones) but when i use ndiswrapper -l it comes up incomplete.

All i simply want to do is get this USB card to work with BT3 so i can start to learn the wifi systems.

Please help.

you are inserting the usb while you have BT3 in focus??
    "At least black people knew when they where slaves" Doug stanhope

Demands like " SENIOR MEMBER PLEASE HELP TO INSTALL NETGEAR USB WG111T to VMWARE BT3!" really want me to want to help. In case you can't tell that's sarcasm. Actually, demands like that want me to say "Take a flying f*ck at a rolling donut!"
    Thorn
    Stop the TSA now! Boycott the airlines.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
    Demands like " SENIOR MEMBER PLEASE HELP TO INSTALL NETGEAR USB WG111T to VMWARE BT3!" really want me to want to help. In case you can't tell that's sarcasm. Actually, demands like that want me to say "Take a flying f*ck at a rolling donut!"
    Now there's an image!
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Now there's an image!
    You know those ex-cops, got donuts on the brain.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Developer

If I'm not mistaken that's a atheros usb chip set which will not work for injection anyway. The madwifi drivers which are in backtrack will not work with ANY atheros usb chip set cards.

By the way if you ever make a stupid title like that again I will send your post to the idiots corner.

Just burned his ISO

@pureh@te you're talking about USB chips right?

Because I've been hearing Atheros chipsets on miniPCIE are great with madwifi-ng.

I just ordered a GIGABYTE WI07HT, because it has an Atheros chip, to replace my RaLink

Or is it because BT3 doesn't support madwifi-ng?

Quote Originally Posted by pureh@te View Post
    If I'm not mistaken that's a atheros USB chip set which will not work for injection anyway. The madwifi drivers which are in backtrack will not work with ANY atheros usb chip set cards.

By the way if you ever make a stupid title like that again I will send your post to the idiots corner.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tafari View Post
    @pureh@te you're talking about USB chips right?

Because I've been hearing Atheros chipsets on miniPCIE are great with madwifi-ng.

I just ordered a GIGABYTE WI07HT, because it has an Atheros chip, to replace my RaLink

Or is it because BT3 doesn't support madwifi-ng?
    I thought he was very clear in what he said, however I have highlighted parts to make it clearer for you.

Just burned his ISO

Okay perhaps my wording wasn't clear enough balding_parrot. I shall expand to erase any confusion.

What I was trying to find out was is the problem the actual Atheros USB drivers, or is it that BT3 doesn't support madiwif-ng or something.

I know the discussion was about USB cards, but I wanted to make sure that it wasn't a general problem.

Because I know Atheros work with madwifi-ng, but from the post made above, it looked like a possibility that maybe the problem isn't Atheros USB specifically, but that BT3 didn't support madiwif-ng or something.

So I wanted to be clear.

Just burned his ISO

I thought it was fairly obvious that it is just the atheros USB chip set that isn't supported. The USB extra large font would seem to give that away.

Read hxxp://backtrack.offensive-security.com/index.php/HCL:Wireless

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast