Thread: SSD install runs slower than USB?

Just burned his ISO

Default SSD install runs slower than USB?

Hi Ive downloaded the USB version of BT3 final and installed it on an Acer Apsire One 1722. It has 8GB SSD and 512MB Ram with a 1.6GHZ atom intel. I originally installed from the USB to the SSD with 3 partitions using the PureH@ate method /dev/hdc1 2 and 3 (boot (50MB), swap (512MB), / (7GB) respectively). Everything booted and worked cracked some WEP APs and messed around with ettercap and surfed the web a bit. I did notice that when launching firefox for example the system would take about 8 to 12 seconds to display a window after launch, seems kind of slow, I rebooted back to the USB version and things seemed a bit snappier in terms of click and the system responds. So feeling like I wasnte getting teh performance I wnated I reformatted the drive this time as a single partition and reinstalled form a USB drive. System runs pretty much about the same. Has anyone else had this issue? I checked the Sysinfo and not all my RAM was being used and no swap space was being used, so Im not sure if its a memory issue or really what to think. Any help would be hugely appreciated!

Messiah

i've just purchased a Acer One 110 with the same spec as you...have BT3 running fine from usb but was considering installing it to the SSD.

have you made any progress with this??

been trying research the diff between the R/W times of the usb and the SSD but finding mostly conflicting information.

would really like to know for definatley like to know before i remove the Acer OS for good.

Just burned his ISO

Yes. Got a eee 900, installed it on the ssd and it was slower than my flash voyager usb stick. When I had it on my ssd, the resolution changed evertrime i rebooted. I went back to usb stick and its faster and no resolution change on every reboot.

Just burned his ISO

MESSIAH:No progress really I just have to do hdparm -c1 -m1 /dev/hdc on every boot to get 8meg read write. while its 248 on my usb flash by default.Please send me a PM or write back on this thread if u have any new tips or tricks. When Im on the SSD its slow as molasses, also the SD card readers dont seem to be working correctly, it wont mount or show anyhting that is inserted.

DEEPSTAR: Do u not have you usb set to save changes? or does it still reset the resolution anyhow?