Thread: Broadcom 4311 problem(s)

Just burned his ISO

Default Broadcom 4311 problem(s)

Hello all,
    Im having problems w/my bcm 4311 wlan card. I want to get it to at LEAST connect to my AP but every time I try looking for APs it doesnt detect ANY at ALL.

Ive tried to set the AP manually also but then I get an error saying that my card does not support IP...im obviously doing somthing wrong.

I've tried to google as much as I could but I get very mixed results from ppl saying "theres no problem" to "get another card" to "use ndiswrapper"....im a complete noob to linux and (obviously) backtrack.

If I could get any suggestions on what to read or where to look for a solution to my problem that would be greatly appreciated!

-JT

You may need to extract the firmware from the windows drivers. Check dmesg.

Read here for some info (albeit its mainly for the latter driver): http://linuxwireless.org/en/users/Drivers/b43

Just burned his ISO

Unhappy

Hello. i am from colombia. I have a dell inspiron 1525 with a wireless card mini-pci 1395 with chipset bcm4315 / bcm22062000.So, i want to know if i can use them for crack a wep key. i wrote to you because i can´t find another site for it. i hope your response. bye.