Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Biquad Antennas

Just burned his ISO

Default Biquad Antennas

Hey guys,
    Haven't been here in a while but just wanted you to know I've got some really nice Biquads over at my web site. I put up this site just to save on Ebay fees!

I really don't make a lot on these, guys, just some extra cash to keep the web site up and a little extra for parts and stuff.

biquadantenna.com

I hope this is allowed, don't want to get booted or anything.

Thanks guys
    Pete

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Quote Originally Posted by knight48 View Post
    Hey guys,
    Haven't been here in a while but just wanted you to know I've got some really nice Biquads over at my web site. I put up this site just to save on Ebay fees!

I really don't make a lot on these, guys, just some extra cash to keep the web site up and a little extra for parts and stuff.

biquadantenna.com

I hope this is allowed, don't want to get booted or anything.

Thanks guys
    Pete
    Exactly what method did you use to determine that it has a +12DBI gain? Where are your radiation patterns of these?
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Just burned his ISO

Thanks for asking Steaker,
    Hope this doesn't double post.
    Check on Google for Biquad Antenna and you'll see a whole bunch of articles about this antenna.
    I tried to post some URLs but can't because I don't have enough posts in here yet!

I've got some on Ebay right now! My name on Ebay is (knightsquad)
    Check out my feedback so you can see what others who have purchased from me are saying! Just don't buy from my competitor! haha
    His name is Wifiguy...

They are really neat antennas guys and for 22 buck you can't beat them!
    If ANYONE from the Remote Exploit forums wants to purchase I can always set up a page on my web site JUST for you guys. I'll sell to you for $20 only!
    Shipping is always $4.00
    If I get enough responses I'll set up a passworded page and let you all know what the password is because the regular purchase page is set up for $22.95 right now.

Anyway, check it out guys, I know you'll love these antenna!
    Start up your laptop and Netstumbler and get a wireless connection THEN hook up a Biquad and see how much higher your signal increases!! It's nice.

OK have to run.
    Thanks guys
    Pete

Thanks for asking Steaker,
    Hope this doesn't double post.
    Check on Google for Biquad Antenna and you'll see a whole bunch of articles about this antenna.
    I tried to post some URLs but can't because I don't have enough posts in here yet!

I've got some on Ebay right now! My name on Ebay is (knightsquad)
    Check out my feedback so you can see what others who have purchased from me are saying! Just don't buy from my competitor! haha
    His name is Wifiguy...

They are really neat antennas guys and for 22 buck you can't beat them!
    If ANYONE from the Remote Exploit forums wants to purchase I can always set up a page on my web site JUST for you guys. I'll sell to you for $20 only!
    Shipping is always $4.00
    If I get enough responses I'll set up a passworded page and let you all know what the password is because the regular purchase page is set up for $22.95 right now.

Anyway, check it out guys, I know you'll love these antenna!
    Start up your laptop and Netstumbler and get a wireless connection THEN hook up a Biquad and see how much higher your signal increases!! It's nice.

OK have to run.
    Thanks guys
    Pete
    Hold on, lemme check to see what I originally asked.

Nope, didn't ask anything about articles about this antenna. Didn't ask anything about feedback or pricing.

I seem to have asked specifically what method did you test that YOUR antenna gives 12DBI gain and where's the radiation pattern of YOUR antenna.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Just burned his ISO

I know what you asked and thought you might be interested HENCE the feedback and pricing OK?

I use Netstumbler to check signal and others ,with testing equipment, to check radiation pattern.

I know what you asked and thought you might be interested HENCE the feedback and pricing OK?

I use Netstumbler to check signal and others ,with testing equipment, to check radiation pattern.
    What card did you use with Netstumbler?

You're making a definitive statement as to the gain that a purchaser will receive with this antenna, and you don't have the proper documentation to back that up.

Just burned his ISO

Streak,
    I don't have any high priced testing equipment but if you look and read about this antenna online you'll see that the people WHO DO have testing equipment and WHO HAVE tested it report these gains over and over ok?
    When I plug in a simple wireless adapter and fire up Netstumbler I get an X signal and then when I hook up this antenna and point it at the chosen AP the signal jumps up considerably... about 10-12Dbi
    Being a Senior member with over 2000 posts you must have seen this Biquad before and know what it can do.. correct?
    I surely don't think all these people online are lying about the gains especially when they weren't even trying to sell it but merely testing it.

That's all I've got buddy! sorry
    Have you ever used one?

Pete

Streak,
    I don't have any high priced testing equipment but if you look and read about this antenna online you'll see that the people WHO DO have testing equipment and WHO HAVE tested it report these gains over and over ok?
    When I plug in a simple wireless adapter and fire up Netstumbler I get an X signal and then when I hook up this antenna and point it at the chosen AP the signal jumps up considerably... about 10-12Dbi
    Being a Senior member with over 2000 posts you must have seen this Biquad before and know what it can do.. correct?
    I surely don't think all these people online are lying about the gains especially when they weren't even trying to sell it but merely testing it.

Have you ever used one?

Pete

Thing is, if you used substandard parts, with crappy soldering (not that I'm saying you did) who knows what the actual gain will be. Personally I wouldn't sell any antenna I built. There's just too many variables to consider without the proper test equipment.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Streak,

Have you ever used one?

Pete
    You're not real good at answering questions are you?

Which card did you use to take your measurements with Netstumbler.

Yes, as a senior member of over 2000 posts, I'm quite familiar with the Biquad, but as an ancient member of over 11,000 posts at Netstumbler, I bet I know even more about the way Netstumbler operates.

I'm not asking about other people's work, but you're selling something that you're making yourself. Generally antennas that are mass produced for profit are made by machines, their welds/solder joints are verified that they are good. You're making these by hand and using a dubious at best testing method. At best, someone might notice a gain on their card, at worst, your antenna has a good chance of damaging their gear.

People may have tested the antennas that THEY built, but your antenna at this point is a untested unit. Another question that is very important in regards to antenna is what is your SWR for this unit?

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Thing is, if you used substandard parts, with crappy soldering (not that I'm saying you did) who knows what the actual gain will be. Personally I wouldn't sell any antenna I built. There's just too many variables to consider without the proper test equipment.
    At least it's not the Wile E Coyote antenna..

/cue photo

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast