Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: xps m1530 wireless card selection

Just burned his ISO

i just bought my laptop (xps m1530) and it has Intel Wireless 4965abgn i know that this card is not supported and my thinking of buing intel 3945ABG will this work for me?

I have just bought my laptop and it has intel 4965abgn which is not supported card and i am thinking to buy intel 3945abg will this solve the problem?
    am using bt3
    thanks.

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Quote Originally Posted by m4rio52001 View Post
    I have just bought my laptop and it has intel 4965abgn which is not supported card and i am thinking to buy intel 3945abg will this solve the problem?
    am using bt3
    thanks.
    What does the Wiki say?
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Just burned his ISO

*hands over aegis shield*
    (lame i know, but its still funny)

m4rio52001, there are countless threads that pose the question what is the best wifi card all over this forum.

this one is one of the more important ones:
    Most complete Card Driver Chipset
    hxxp://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=7375

But to be honest, a great starting wireless card that this forums is constantly flooded with questions about is the Hawking HWUG1. Its apart of the rt73 chipset and is very good in my opinion (I own one and am very please with it). But you can find someone else you like, but be ready to do some of your own research and know that for something good you have to buy online and not go to some retailer. For good quality your going to have to spend some extra $$.

Best of luck on your endevours.

i just bought my laptop (xps m1530) and it has Intel Wireless 4965abgn i know that this card is not supported and my thinking of buing intel 3945ABG will this work for me?
    And there most definitely is no need to start multiple threads with this same question.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

Just burned his ISO

ok thanks i checked it out and 3945 is compatible.

another newbie question whats the difference between usb version(extended) and the standard one?

thanks

another newbie question whats the difference between usb version(extended) and the standard one?

thanks
    The USB version includes Compiz Fusion and the kernel sources, the CD version does not in order to fit on a single CD.

Just burned his ISO

the commands are the same?what about the kismet's configuration?is it configured or you have to configure it?

the commands are the same?what about the kismet's configuration?is it configured or you have to configure it?
    It is the very same operating system, so yes naturally the commands will be the same. As for your second question, here is an excellent, and severely underutilized, link that will provide you with the answer easily.

Just burned his ISO

kismet needs configuration? so you can inject right?

kismet needs configuration? so you can inject right?
    Kismet, being a passive sniffer, does not inject. It needs to be configured in order to know what wireless interface to use.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast