Thread: Sparklan WMIA-166AGH 400mw mini pci

Default Sparklan WMIA-166AGH 400mw mini pci

Has anyone had any experience with these cards, or simular high powered mini pci?

http://www.sparklan.com/product_details.php?prod_id=182

I recently bought an IBM Thinkpad x40 for a little less than £100 from ebay and plan to use it purely for backtrack installed to the HD. Unfortunately the X40 only has the one usb port so I cannot use my trusty Alfa with it, so I plan on replacing the intel card with a high powered Atheros based one.

I also plan on looking into an external antenna mod depending on if it is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by SWFu64 View Post
    Unfortunately the X40 only has the one usb port so I cannot use my trusty Alfa with it...
    The AWUS036H does indeed work with only one USB port, as long as it is USB2.0 and not 1.0.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

Really?! Thats great, something I have never tried with my other laptops, thanks.

I still quite like the idea of trying some of the high powered Atheros minipci cards and external antenna mod to keep it as compact as possible.
    "I do not know with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."

Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by SWFu64 View Post
    Really?! Thats great, something I have never tried with my other laptops, thanks.
    Just make sure to connect the shorter one of the two cords and it will be able to run at full power.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.