Thread: Can't seem to get my Ubiquiti SRC 300 to work...

Default Can't seem to get my Ubiquiti SRC 300 to work...

I bought this express card about a month ago. I first tested it on windows xp. During the Installation, it said the wireless card was not in the express slot, even though it was. After the installation, I ran the client program but everything was greyed out. I disabled my internal intel 4965 wifi and still the device for my ubiquiti src would not work. Under device manager the card was return an error Code 10(could not initialize).

Then in BT3, I modprobe ath_pci and ran iwconfig, only my intel 4965 would show up. So I figured my express card was a dud, so I sent it back to ubiquiti. I just got the new one the other day and ran into the same exact problems. Then I got to thinking that maybe my express card slot was bad on my laptop, an m15x alienware. I tried the ubiquiti on another laptop and still, the same error.

Anybody encountered these problems with the Ubiquiti SRC 300? I mainly just want the card to work in BT3 and fedora but it would be nice to get it to work in xp. Is my install process correct in BT3? Don't I just need to load up the ath_pci module? What else am I missing?

Just figured it out hehe. This is really stupid but, my m15x has an express card slot not a pc card slot. An apparently express card slots are not backwards compatible to pc card slots. This sux hehe.

Anyone know any express cards that work well in monitor mode/packet injection?

How's the Belkin F5D8071 N1 Wireless Express card?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16839314007