Thread: BT3 driver for Eee 1000H replacement WiFi (AR5008 based Gigabyte Aircrusier N300)

Default BT3 driver for Eee 1000H replacement WiFi (AR5008 based Gigabyte Aircrusier N300)

Hi all,

I have successfully installed BT3 on the Eee 900 and Kismet, etc works just fine. However, the new Eee 1000H have a different WiFi card than the Eee 900 that does NOT work with Kismet.

While waiting for the driver (maybe never come out!), one solution is to replace the WiFi card with the AR5008 based Gigabyte Aircrusier N300 (), which is COMPATIBLE with Windows XP in Eee.

However, I don't see the Linux driver for that card. Does anyone:

1) Know where to get the Linux driver for that particular card

...or...

2) have recommendation for OTHER replacement card that work with Kismet, etc.?

Is anyone running BT3 with the Eee 1000H or it's just not a as good of a platform as the 900 series?

After a bit of research earlier I found this:

http://www.athomeprd.com/~jimb/blog/?cat=16

I have my 1000H on order now.

Quote Originally Posted by SWFu64 View Post
    After a bit of research earlier I found this:

http://www.athomeprd.com/~jimb/blog/?cat=16

I have my 1000H on order now.
    I concur. I have ordered the Atheros card and it work immediately in BT3.

HOWEVER, the Fn+F2 combo button no longer work with the replacement card. As a matter of fact, if you press that in Windows, it'll give BSOD.

Just burned his ISO

Damn! this sucks I JUST placed an order for the 1000h. If I knew this I wouldn't have... Now I have to buy a new wireless card

Apparently the stock card works okay with BT3, just not the injection (monitoring works). Still sucks.
    From forum.eeeuser.com/viewtopic.php?id=36223

Just burned his ISO

Dont dispair....

I ordered a 901 (pretty much the same 1000) before I realised that it wasnt compatible fully with BT3. However, after lots of reading/searching etc... It looks like it will run ok, except for injection.

I believe you have to add a new module to the ISO to get it to run properly on the new eeepcs, there is a link to it on this forum.

But BT4 is being worked on, and I'm pretty sure there will be drivers for the new eee in there. In the meantime I bought a Hawking USB Dish adapter (Fully Supported) for use with the eeepc. It only cost me £25 from the bay, and I'm really pleased with it so far.
    Its just a hobby that I picked up in the lobby...

Just burned his ISO

I just placed an order for the Hawking dish on ebay.
    Cost me 80$ Canadian with shipping since Hawking doesn't sell stuff in Canada anymore and I had to get it from the states :/