Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: USB install help

vengeanc3

Exclamation USB install help

i did look through the forums but didnt understand most of the stuff. Im sure this must have been posted before but couldnt find it in my search.
    i downloaded bt3final for usb and formatted my stick with fat32, copied the folders and ran bootinst.dat .
    i booted and i tried selecting the different options such as KDE, Flux etc.. and all end up giving me the same error.
    At locating directory, it says wait a while and then comes up with error and says this should not happen.

I want to know if there is anything more to the install process, because i read something about configuring etc, i want to use bt3 for running aircrack, spoonwep etc, and plz tell me if any further modifications are required to the install.

The md5 of the iso file is correct so nothing wrong with data, ie corrupt data etc.

I have a sandisk mini cruzer 1.0gb stick, if u need any more data i will gladly provide it.

did you get anywere ?> i am stuck tryin to figure out how to use fdisk (is this the only comand line way of doin it) cus im confused and dont know the numbers an that to put in i can tell you its a 4gb memory card any ideas? aslo if that q fails i have a hdd to install bt3 how do i do this without the installer but with the script from this site ? <how :/

vengeanc3

lol.. dude i didnt get anywhere i saw a reply and thought you had an answer, anyway all the best with your quest.. i have no idea how to do what you ask.

http://forums.remote-exploit.org/sho...n+install+live
    If you don't understand this you need to read some more.
    When hungry, eat your rice; when tired, close your eyes. Fools may laugh at me, but wise men will know what I mean. -- Lin-Chi
    - - - - - - - -
    I slept once, it was a Tuesday.

vengeanc3

so do i need to create different partitions for a live install on usb to work?... i thought all we needed to do was just copy paste, run bootinst.dat and then it would start working..
    can anyone confirm that we have to create different partitions. also i have it on a 1gb usb stick, so that doesnt leave much space for other partitions is that fine, or should i get a different drive.

Quote Originally Posted by vengeanc3 View Post
    so do i need to create different partitions for a live install on usb to work?... i thought all we needed to do was just copy paste, run bootinst.dat and then it would start working..
    can anyone confirm that we have to create different partitions. also i have it on a 1gb usb stick, so that doesnt leave much space for other partitions is that fine, or should i get a different drive.
    Only one fat32 partition is required to run a live version of bt without changes.
    You describe the method to install bt right in your post here, so what exactly is the problem your having? Did you not even try before asking about it?
    When hungry, eat your rice; when tired, close your eyes. Fools may laugh at me, but wise men will know what I mean. -- Lin-Chi
    - - - - - - - -
    I slept once, it was a Tuesday.

vengeanc3

as i mentioned in my first post, it says locating data directory and then says couldnt find it. anyway i just realized that i have ubuntu installed on my hd from before so could that be a problem. i will check with that and then post again.

Quote Originally Posted by pynstrom View Post
    Did you not even try before asking about it?
    Read his frist post:

Quote Originally Posted by vengeanc3 View Post
    i booted and i tried selecting the different options such as KDE, Flux etc.. and all end up giving me the same error.
    At locating directory, it says wait a while and then comes up with error and says this should not happen.
    @vengeanc3

Did u have a look at your syslinux.cfg? Maybe u haveto change your Mounting Points

vengeanc3

k, anyway just removed ubuntu and still same problem, it says looking for data directory, and says wait a while, and then BT3 data not found, this should not happen etc, and then restarts.
    i cant find the problem because it gets through the part of the booting process but stops there, if it didnt boot at all, i could atleast consider it a problem with the iso file or some corrupt data.

vengeanc3

i dont know what to change in that , here is a copy paste of my syslinux.cfg file.
    i didnt change anything but i will gladly change if anyone posts what to change.
    PROMPT 0
    TIMEOUT 40
    DEFAULT /boot/vesamenu.c32

LABEL cubez
    MENU LABEL BT3 Graphics mode (Compiz) - Experimental
    KERNEL /boot/vmlinuz
    APPEND vga=0x317 initrd=/boot/initrd.gz ramdisk_size=6666 root=/dev/ram0 rw chexpand=256 load=cubez autoexec=xconf;cubez;startx

LABEL cubez
    MENU LABEL BT3 Graphics mode (Compiz Nvidia) - Experimental
    KERNEL /boot/vmlinuz
    APPEND vga=0x317 initrd=/boot/initrd.gz ramdisk_size=6666 root=/dev/ram0 rw chexpand=256 load=cubez,nvidiadriver autoexec=xconf;startnvidia.sh;startx

LABEL xconf1
    MENU LABEL BT3 Graphics mode (KDE)
    KERNEL /boot/vmlinuz
    APPEND vga=0x317 initrd=/boot/initrd.gz ramdisk_size=6666 root=/dev/ram0 rw autoexec=xconf;kdm

LABEL xconf2
    MENU LABEL BT3 Graphics mode (Flux)
    KERNEL /boot/vmlinuz
    APPEND vga=0x317 initrd=/boot/initrd.gz ramdisk_size=6666 root=/dev/ram0 rw autoexec=xconf;flux

LABEL startx
    MENU LABEL BT3 Graphics mode (VESA KDE)
    KERNEL /boot/vmlinuz
    APPEND vga=0x317 initrd=/boot/initrd.gz ramdisk_size=6666 root=/dev/ram0 rw autoexec=kdm

LABEL BT3
    MENU LABEL BT3 Text mode Frame Buffer
    KERNEL /boot/vmlinuz
    APPEND vga=0x317 initrd=/boot/initrd.gz ramdisk_size=6666 root=/dev/ram0 rw

LABEL BT3_no_DHCP
    MENU LABEL Run BT3 no DHCP
    KERNEL /boot/vmlinuz
    APPEND vga=0x317 initrd=/boot/initrd.gz ramdisk_size=6666 root=/dev/ram0 rw nodhcp

LABEL BT3_no_HD
    MENU LABEL Run BT3 no Hard Disk
    KERNEL /boot/vmlinuz
    APPEND vga=0x317 initrd=/boot/initrd.gz ramdisk_size=6666 root=/dev/ram0 rw nohd

LABEL BT3_Safe
    MENU LABEL Run BT3 Safe Mode
    KERNEL /boot/vmlinuz
    APPEND vga=normal initrd=/boot/initrd.gz ramdisk_size=6666
    root=/dev/ram0 rw

LABEL pchanges
    MENU LABEL BT3 Graphics mode with Persistent Changes
    KERNEL /boot/vmlinuz
    APPEND vga=0x317 initrd=/boot/initrd.gz ramdisk_size=6666 root=/dev/ram0 rw changes=/changes/slaxsave.dat autoexec=xconf;kdm

LABEL copy2ram
    MENU LABEL BT3 Graphics mode, Copy To RAM
    KERNEL /boot/vmlinuz
    APPEND vga=0x317 initrd=/boot/initrd.gz ramdisk_size=6666 root=/dev/ram0 rw copy2ram autoexec=xconf;kdm

LABEL msramdmp
    MENU LABEL msramdmp
    com32 /boot/msramdmp.c32

LABEL memtest86
    MENU LABEL Run Memtest utility
    KERNEL /boot/mt86p

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast