Thread: BackTrack 3 Live CD Black Screen (Out of Range)

Default BackTrack 3 Live CD Black Screen (Out of Range)

Hey all !

After i got Back Track 3 work with WireLess etc... on my Laptop i just want to install it on my PC. I just bought only for this a new Harddisk 1 hour ago . SATA II Harddisk. I just put the Live CD and when i select the first one i guess KDE.. Graphical.. i see the commandlines.. that after the message: if u get a black screen... my TFT Screen turnes off and say: Out of Range, then he try to activate the Screen and again Out of Range Black Screen. I googled for it but didnt find anything what can help me.

My Videocard: HD4850 ATI.

Thank you !!

Ok, Problem solved !

Quote Originally Posted by twoR_x64 View Post
    Ok, Problem solved !
    Can you please explain how you solved the problem so that others with the same issue can learn from it? Thanks.

"The goal of every man should be to continue living even after he can no longer draw breath."

~ShadowKill

Oh man i'm a idiot !! Sorry man...

I just selected an other KDE i think it was the third selection, called Vesus KDE ? Forget the name... then it worked fine for me.

Oh man i'm a idiot !! Sorry man...

I just selected an other KDE i think it was the third selection, called Vesus KDE ? Forget the name... then it worked fine for me.
    I take it you mean VESA Mode KDE?

"The goal of every man should be to continue living even after he can no longer draw breath."

~ShadowKill

Yes m8, this is right.

Well I'm glad you at least got something to work but I recommend working on your original problem as you will likely learn a lot from it. That is, unless you give up entirely which would tell me that this distro isn't for you........

~ShadowKill

What you mean with: This distro isnt for you ?

I'm sorry when i am a noob in linux i just want to learn it..

On my LapTop BackTrack 3 works very fine.. but i don't know how to get run on my PC. I can install it on my pc but the graphics are horrible.. i tried to install ATI Drivers but that didnt work too. Man i m getting frustated.

What you mean with: This distro isnt for you ?

I'm sorry when i am a noob in linux i just want to learn it..

On my LapTop BackTrack 3 works very fine.. but i don't know how to get run on my PC. I can install it on my pc but the graphics are horrible.. i tried to install ATI Drivers but that didnt work too. Man i m getting frustated.
    What I meant is this is arguably the most complex flavor of Linux created as the tools are designed for seasoned professionals and those with a greater understanding of security, Linux, networking, etc. This is most definitely not a beginners distro.

If your intentions really are to learn then do so slowly and do so passionately. Nothing feels quite as good as figuring out a complex problem "on your own" and doing so will benefit you down the line when faced with even bigger challenges. We'll all help you as best we can provided you can show us you've attempted to help yourself first.

Clear now?

~ShadowKill