Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Bluetooth Dongle?

Default Best Bluetooth Dongle?

I was reading the "[New Tutorial For BT3 ONLY]One bluetooth post to rule them all!" thread, and I decided, hell, why not start learning that too. But I need a bluetooth dongle and I'd like to hear what other people think is the best one to use that is compatible right out of the box.

I do, and I think most others use the Linksys BT100.
    Seems to be a reliable devices, works with BackTrack out of the box, and can be fairly easy modded if you want.

AIRcable Host XR Long-range Bluetooth Dongle
    Not cheap but will work right out of the box. I have seen far too many companies using other non-security friendly chipsets out there.. and companies such as linksys et. al who prove themselves to be unreliable with versioning. This device will most likely stick to its guns with the same chipset.

P.S. I want to have these btw

Thanks for the replies. And I'm probably going to het that AIRCable Bluetooth Dongle, it looked ridiculously powerful. Go big or go home I guess. Alls I need is some money... Well thanks again!

I have the BT100 and have never had any problems with it.
    "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

Quote Originally Posted by theprez98 View Post
    I have the BT100 and have never had any problems with it.
    I have two BT100's and they work just fine.
    Thorn
    Stop the TSA now! Boycott the airlines.

Just burned his ISO

For those that have the BT100 have you tried to modify them to add a sma connector for use with a differnt external antena?

Quote Originally Posted by roybfr View Post
    For those that have the BT100 have you tried to modify them to add a sma connector for use with a differnt external antena?
    Yes. Mine is used with several different antennae and it works well. . The set up looks this:

BT100 dongle w/RP-SMA -> RP-SMA to N-Female pigtail -> N-Male cable to antenna.

If you're not sure about doing this modification yourself, there is a Popular Science Magazine online article that explains in detail how to make the modifications. It has excellent illustrations that show exactly where to unsolder the built-in antenna, and how to add the RP-SMA connector.
    Thorn
    Stop the TSA now! Boycott the airlines.

Just burned his ISO

Thanks, found the article, think I found a version 1 BT100 too, just need to decide between this route or getting an A7 eb502-HCI and putting it in a box.

eb502-hci will never work with any firmware except the a7 factory firmware.
    it's a great dongle (but for like 50$ more you get the host-XR that has way better range and its firmware can be upgraded with the one from frontline, whick allows sniffing...)

oh btw, where did you find the possible version 1 of bt100?
    -Google is watching you

-June 1, 2001, Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer: "Linux is a cancer that attaches itself in an intellectual property sense to everything it touches."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast