Thread: Problems with Intel 3945 and Aireplay

Just burned his ISO

Default Problems with Intel 3945 and Aireplay

Hello everyone,
    I discovered this nice little corner of the internet yesterday and must say that I am very impressed with all the work this community has put into Backtrack 3 and how it turned out

I downloaded and burned the Backtrack 3 live usb edition on a dvd recently and decided to give it a go.
    I usually use the KDE environment when I work with BT and everything runs smoothly on my Laptop (Lenovo 3000 N200).
    Today I decided to give Xploits WEP cracking tutorial a try to test the security of my own WLAN router. I did a bit of searching and decided to use the tutorial
    secure_it wrote on the second page of the tutorial section called "Intel 3945 Injection & Fixes For Aircrack-ng BT3 Beta" (I would linked it, but seems like I'm not allowed to link yet =/ ) since he uses the same wireless chip I use.

I did everything step by step and encountered no problems up to the part where you use "aireplay-ng -3 -e Myrouter -h DEVICE MAC wifi0"
    In my Konsole it reads:

"18:32:57 Waiting for beacon frame (ESSID: Myrouter) on channel 3
    Found BSSID "ROUTER MAC" to given ESSID "Myrouter".
    Saving ARP requests in replay(...).cap
    You should start airodump-ng to capture replies.
    Read 65341 packets (got 0 ARP requests and 0 ACKs), sent 0 packets...(0 pps)"

The "Read X packets" part just keeps on counting up but the packets, the ARP requests and the ACKs stay at 0. I terminated the whole process after 30 minutes...

I am absolutely positive that I didn't miss out on any steps of the tutorial.
    I modprobe'd the ipwraw driver and put my card into monitor mode, I did the fake auth request with aireplay, which gave me the smiley as it should and I have airodump running in a seperate shell window.

I also applied the injection test mentioned on the official Aircrack-ng website and it was positive. I used another computer to check if the problem could be my router, but I had no problems connecting with it (MAC Filter is disabled).

After searching the web for a couple of hours now and redoing 5 different tutorials on the aireplay -3 attack I'm simply running out of ideas what the problem could be

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Check with the packet rate limit and try lowering it if AP is far and increase it if AP is near e.g.
    iwconfig wifi0 rate 1M/54M
    try other injection methods too.

Just burned his ISO

I don't know if you did this, but there also has to be network activity in order for the injections to work properly. You or someone else must be using the network or the internet in order for any of that to work.
    And yes def try other injection techniques too!
    mega

Quote Originally Posted by megatr0m View Post
    I don't know if you did this, but there also has to be network activity in order for the injections to work properly. You or someone else must be using the network or the internet in order for any of that to work.
    And yes def try other injection techniques too!
    mega
    There is no point of doubt there as in my tutorial I have put clean pics & I have tested things using Intel 3945 a/b/g,netgear WG311T,linksys WUSB54GC adapters & all works perfectly.