Thread: help with karma

Default help with karma

hi
    Has any member got karma working on eeepc?
    I have spent weeks trying and several members have tried to help. many thanks.
    I have must have something basic wrong or missed the point.
    I would appreciate an idiots guide to setting up and starting karma
    I have used wlanconfig to setup ath0 to master mode.
    many many thanks

can u give more info?
    I just got an eeepc 4G, and i have no experience on the madwifi driver, i cannot set it to master/ap mode. How did u do it?
    Also u may have to edit a couple of files into the karma directory. I had to edit modules/servers/AccessPoint/module.xml cause it was pointing iwcommands into the /usr/sbin folder when in BT3 final, they are in /sbin/
    and u may have to edit a couple of other files two (maybe comment out some useless features in some modules, eg. take out the "change mac address function" cause we are doing pen-testing so we dont wanna hide our mac right?..)

edit: never mind, i found out how to set ath0 into master mode.
    but still i dont get the karma option from the iwpriv...
    anyway, i suggest u to try this new approach from H.D.Moore since it uses aircrack-ng tools to work, and doesn't mess with drivers etc. it only requires injection support:
    http://metasploit.com/dev/trac/wiki/Karmetasploit
    -Google is watching you

-June 1, 2001, Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer: "Linux is a cancer that attaches itself in an intellectual property sense to everything it touches."

thanks for the response
    I have already changed the files and received a lot of help on pauldotcom forum all without success. Now looking for more basic problem, just realised that BT3 wont connect to the internet on eeepc but the original operating system does so the hardware is OK.
    At the moment I am trying to configure ath0 to connect to my access point, once this is working I will try karma again. In the mean time I have looked at Metasploit.com as suggested. Hows the best way to config ath0.
    many thanks