Thread: LiVES .ogg conversion?

Default LiVES .ogg conversion?

Hey all, I'm interested in screencapture so I could make my own videos. At first I tried xvidcap.. It's terrible. It crashes constantly, and isn't constant, and worst of all I can't edit it with sony vegas (video editing software).

So instead, I discovered you can simply type into a konsole, "recordmydesktop". So that seems to work fine enough. After recording it outputs to a file called out.ogg..
    So I try importing the .ogg to sony vegas 8, (and it says it supports .ogg, by the way) and I get nothing. It says there's an error with it, so I figure I just need to convert it.

I google and look around for an .ogg converter, and I end up using LiVES. I downloaded it from here, which is the slackware version. It is a .tgz file, so I boot up BT3 and install it with installpkg. It installs correctly and appears under multimedia. I click the icon, a window pops up, then dissipears..

I guess I don't know how to use it correctly.. Anyone know? I want to convert the .ogg to SOME windows based format so I can edit it later in sony vegas.. Maybe there's another converter I am unaware about? (It'd be wonderful if there's a good .ogg video converter for windows)

Thanks for reading. :P
    The following statement is true:
    The previous statement is false.
    :confused:

Developer

I use lives from linux packages and it works fine. I use recordmydesktop with the GTK front end to record and then I use lives to convert it to avi and add audio. I think I did a thread on it somewhere.

Yeah, I read that thread, that's why I got into it. lol

But yeah, I install the package with installpkg, then it appears under media, I click LiVES and a window appears and disappears very quickly.. Is there some kind of way I can use it in the konsole? I tried lives out.ogg just as an attempt, and I get "lives: error while loading shared libraries: libmjpegutils-1.9.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"

Offtopic: pureh@te, your avatar scares the hell out of me. What's it from?
    The following statement is true:
    The previous statement is false.
    :confused:

Developer

Quote Originally Posted by Acester View Post
    Yeah, I read that thread, that's why I got into it. lol

But yeah, I install the package with installpkg, then it appears under media, I click LiVES and a window appears and disappears very quickly.. Is there some kind of way I can use it in the konsole? I tried lives out.ogg just as an attempt, and I get "lives: error while loading shared libraries: libmjpegutils-1.9.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"

Offtopic: pureh@te, your avatar scares the hell out of me. What's it from?
    well sound obvious you are missing a dependency.