Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Linux vs Linux

Default Linux vs Linux

Can some one tell me if why so many people are saying sabayon is better then backtrack 3 and 2 can some one give me any insite in too it
    DNA + hacker = Life hacker

"so many people"? like who? the same people that say a tangerine is so much better than a comfortable pair of blue-jeans?

the 'apples vs. oranges' analogy is a bit over-used but wtf?

whoever you are referencing should decide what, exactly, they want their system to do.

~s
    <sig>random, witty quote</sig>

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Quote Originally Posted by spiaire View Post
    "so many people"? like who? the same people that say a tangerine is so much better than a comfortable pair of blue-jeans?

the 'apples vs. oranges' analogy is a bit over-used but wtf?

whoever you are referencing should decide what, exactly, they want their system to do.

~s
    Did you go to the website for that distro? Did you feel the love, and the sense of 'community' while there? The site was just one step short of playing 'kum-ba-ya' in the background and asking everyone to just hug.

My guess, this thread is disguised spam, promoting another distro, or attempting to get a webbuzz started.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Backtrack is based off of Slax while sabayon is based off of Gentoo. As for one being better then the other I would say they both have benefits. Sabayon is a very new distribution. I have also heard on a couple forums it has higher hardware requirements but that may be hearsay. If you are looking to do pentesting backtrack is the obvious choice. If you are looking for a version of linux to use as your everyday desktop I would explore other distributions like Sabayon.
    Information is like water...

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    My guess, this thread is disguised spam, promoting another distro, or attempting to get a webbuzz started.
    ahh. i thought i was developing a lisp...it was just the hook in my cheek.
    <sig>random, witty quote</sig>

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Did you go to the website for that distro? Did you feel the love, and the sense of 'community' while there? The site was just one step short of playing 'kum-ba-ya' in the background and asking everyone to just hug.

Well actual i was asking becaues lost of people in the yahoo chat room was saying Backtrack 3 is like a cheep whore and the other linux thing was better just asking what one is better thats all not trying to make spam
    DNA + hacker = Life hacker

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Quote Originally Posted by Basic204 View Post
    Well actual i was asking becaues lost of people in the yahoo chat room was saying Backtrack 3 is like a cheep whore and the other linux thing was better just asking what one is better thats all not trying to make spam
    Well, sure, cause them people that use Yahoo chat are some of the most intelligent and well spoken people on the intertubes, just look at the descriptive criticism they gave of BackTrack3.

Now let's go back to comparisons, BackTrack3, not meant for your average everyday Luser that doesn't know what a command line is, can't do a grep to save their life and thinks that upgrading kernel means changing to Orville Redenbacher's brand of popcorn.

...and that distro you're talking about that seems to think yet another distribution that copies Windows was needed.

Yep, definitely, two peas in a pod, and worth comparing.

What's next? You going to pull quotes from Wackmypedia or maybe /. complaining about Backtrack?
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Well if you are going to back it up with cold hard facts like that I feel inclined to believe this must be the case. But to be honest I did not see anything mentioned about the sabayon distro that would make a comparison to BackTrack suitable by any means.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

Please crawl back to your Yahoo chat room with this garbage
    dd if=/dev/swc666 of=/dev/wyze

Heh, yahoo, AOL's red-headed step brother.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast