Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problems with airodump

Just burned his ISO

Default Problems with airodump

I'm having some problems tying to get host info from the AP using airodump. It will show info about the AP but it doesn't list any hosts, but i know hosts are connected. Here's the command I'm running.

airodump-ng -w capture wlan0

Any Ideas on how I can get the host info from the AP?

First of all, there's no need to post with the same question twice. http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=16060
    If your question will be answered at all, one thread will do just fine.

Try locking down airodump-ng to the channel and mac of the AP. Note that airodump-ng will only show connected wireless clients that are transmitting or receiving data. After running airodump-ng, try loading a web page on one of the connected wireless clients.
    When hungry, eat your rice; when tired, close your eyes. Fools may laugh at me, but wise men will know what I mean. -- Lin-Chi
    - - - - - - - -
    I slept once, it was a Tuesday.

Just burned his ISO

I just tried that and even with traffic coming from the PC its doesn't show anything.

Just burned his ISO

I'm still trying with a different tutorial and it shows my pc and being connected but it doesn't capture any data packets at all. Any ideas?

Which wireless card/chipset do you use, in other words are you certain that your card supports monitor mode?
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

Just burned his ISO

I got it, I was using the Intel 4965AGN and I think that was the problem, I switched to a DLink card and now it picking up data packets. Thanks all.

Just burned his ISO

Now I'm having other problems. I was able to associate with the AP and started the attack without clients and was getting data packets. I was able to receive up to 2 million packets while running aircrack for about 2 hours but never got the key? Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Marco85 View Post
    Now I'm having other problems. I was able to associate with the AP and started the attack without clients and was getting data packets. I was able to receive up to 2 million packets while running aircrack for about 2 hours but never got the key? Any ideas?
    Is the key either 64 or 128 bits long? Otherwise you will have to manually specify the length in aircrack-ng in order to be able to crack it. Also what specific attack are you using with aireplay-ng, since unless you replay an ARP packet you will have to use the KoreK method in aircrack-ng and not the never and default PTW method, as far as I remember.

Just burned his ISO

Here's the command that i used

aireplay-ng -2 -p 0841 -c FF:FF:FF:FF:FF:FF -b (bssid) -h 00:11:22:33:44:55 ath0

Quote Originally Posted by Marco85 View Post
    Here's the command that i used

aireplay-ng -2 -p 0841 -c FF:FF:FF:FF:FF:FF -b (bssid) -h 00:11:22:33:44:55 ath0
    Yeah I kind of figured so, since you have to choose the packet to replay manually odds are that you have chosen an non ARP packet. Therefore try using the KoreK method in aircrack-ng, the -k option, instead of the default PTW as I said in my previous post.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast