Thread: Can't restart my Wlan device correctly!

Just burned his ISO

Default Can't restart my Wlan device correctly!

Hello,

i have a Conceptronics C54RU and my problem is that I can not restart it with
    ifconfig rausb0 down ifconfig rausb0 up.
    After this iwconfig or ifconfig show me that he found it, but i cant use him correctly for example I cant find wireless networks, so a connection to the internet is impossible.
    My question is why does it not work properly ?

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by r00b01 View Post
    Hello,

i have a Conceptronics C54RU and my problem is that I can not restart it with
    ifconfig rausb0 down ifconfig rausb0 up.
    After this iwconfig or ifconfig show me that he found it, but i cant use him correctly for example I cant find wireless networks, so a connection to the internet is impossible.
    My question is why does it not work properly ?
    Dont provide half of the information.what all commands you are using and you R connecting through wireless assistant or through CLI.which chipset it is?
    I think it should be USB NIC.
    connect USB NIC always after properly booting of BT.
    and do some homework by using search here to how to put card in monitor and managed mode.

http://forums.remote-exploit.org/search.php

Just burned his ISO

The chipset is a RT73 and i know how to change between monitor and managed mode that is not my problem. I use the wlan assistent to connect cause its faster, but i could connect via iwconfig too.
    The real problem is if i would like to change my mac i need to reboot my wlan device and there is my problem. If I restart my WLAN USB STICK with "ifconfig down/up" then it doesnt work. After ifconfig rausb0 up the stick is "there" but it doesnt work. For example it doesnt find wireless networks. If I plug out/in the stick it works nice again but the mac is the old one
    I hope anyone can help me.

Just burned his ISO

But how can i change my mac address if i have to plug in/out ?

Why you want to spoof your MAC Address?
    if its your AP no need to spoof it to connect and start browsing internet.use Orignal MAC instead.
    We would be glad to know if you are trying to connect with your neighbor's AP and trying to break MAC Filtering.then moderator will help you a lot further.

Just burned his ISO

I want to spoot the mac, because i want to show that its not impossible to crack the encypthion also with a mac filtering. Yes it is the AP of my neighbour but he is a friend of me and know whats going on.