Thread: Help With Airlink101 AWLL3028 USB Dongle

Just burned his ISO

Default Help With Airlink101 AWLL3028 USB Dongle

I haven't been able to get it working.

The chipset is a Realtek 8185.

Any help will be appreciated, thanks in advance.

More info needed

Just burned his ISO

Sorry, I was in a hurry when I wrote it. BackTrack doesn't recognize the Dongle... I tried using the driver Phoenix first posted in this thread hxxp://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?p=73265 but wasn't able to build it, gave some errors I will post here later on.

Is there another usable driver I could find or will this chipset simply not work?

Quote Originally Posted by Sypr0x View Post
    I haven't been able to get it working.

The chipset is a Realtek 8185.

Any help will be appreciated, thanks in advance.
    Try these patched drivers out on the aircrack-ng forum. I have a built in rtl8185 chipset on one of my laptops and it worked nicely for me on both Ubuntu Hardy and BT3:

http://tinyshell.be/aircrackng/forum...p?topic=3833.0

http://www.aircrack-ng.org/doku.php?...2400&s=rtl8185

Just burned his ISO

I just purchased the AWLL3028 also and am a newbie to this whole "install drivers thing". I am running BT3 off of a live CD and have no idea how to install the drivers in the above post.

Thanks for all the help

Quote Originally Posted by luby101 View Post
    I just purchased the AWLL3028 also and am a newbie to this whole "install drivers thing". I am running BT3 off of a live CD and have no idea how to install the drivers in the above post.

Thanks for all the help
    Do you realise you didn't actually ask a question there?

You also raise a thread that was more than a year old from the grave to (presumably) gather information on a subject that has been discussed ad-nauseum both here and elsewhere on the Internet.

Search around and you should be able to find more information that will help you with your problem, or at least to help you formulate a better question. Also keep in mind that BackTrack is an advanced Linux distribution, Linux skills are expected knowledge for its users and we don't discuss Linux basics here.

Id recommend starting with Ubuntu and reading the Linux beginner stick thread in the Newbie area.
    Capitalisation is important. It's the difference between "Helping your brother Jack off a horse" and "Helping your brother jack off a horse".

The Forum Rules, Forum FAQ and the BackTrack Wiki... learn them, love them, live them.