Thread: Persistant changes problems

Question Persistant changes problems

I had followed a previous thread on Persistant Changes but hoped to get a reply by reposting here.

I will be setting up a 'image' of my usb key for other n00bers to use which will make it even easier then it is now (may even cut down the posts on the forum!)

I have setup the usb key and added changes=/dev/sdd3/changes to the syslinux.cfg file (if i added /dev/sda2/changes i get the usual error asking to reboot) and created the /changes folder in thew root of the ext3 partition. When i look into the changes folder there is now loads of folders.

If i look on qtparted is shows:-

01 /dev/sda1 fat32
    02 /dev/sda3 linux swap
    03 /dev/sda2 ext3

Is that right as I have found is if create a txt file on the desktop and reboot the BT3 the file no longer appears .. Is there a way to commit the changes ..i'm guessing i have n00bed up somewhere?!

Also currently I am running a script to load the latest 3.01 rt73 driver in a script - can this be done on a bootup automatically as I can't see how to make a lzm file ...

Come on guys i'm trying to put something back into the forum with what i'm doing ...

Quote Originally Posted by Tiptoe View Post
    I had followed a previous thread on Persistant Changes but hoped to get a reply by reposting here.

I will be setting up a 'image' of my usb key for other n00bers to use which will make it even easier then it is now (may even cut down the posts on the forum!)

I have setup the usb key and added changes=/dev/sdd3/changes to the syslinux.cfg file (if i added /dev/sda2/changes i get the usual error asking to reboot) and created the /changes folder in thew root of the ext3 partition. When i look into the changes folder there is now loads of folders.

If i look on qtparted is shows:-

01 /dev/sda1 fat32
    02 /dev/sda3 linux swap
    03 /dev/sda2 ext3

Is that right as I have found is if create a txt file on the desktop and reboot the BT3 the file no longer appears .. Is there a way to commit the changes ..i'm guessing i have n00bed up somewhere?!

Also currently I am running a script to load the latest 3.01 rt73 driver in a script - can this be done on a bootup automatically as I can't see how to make a lzm file ...

There's your problem. Reread the how to.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

the proper syntax for that is as follows
    changes=/dev/sdaX
    XP.sp3 | BT3F | 8GB SDHC 2GB RAM
    Asus EEE PC 701B
    bagito | manila pride :D

Cheers for the replies, it seemed that after i did a reinstall following another guide from PureH@te and created the changes folder and repointed to changes=dev/sda3/changes it did the reboot error.

I have now got it to point to remove the changes path and it works fine now.

changes=dev/sda3/

Default issue resolved thread closed

issue resolved thread closed
    XP.sp3 | BT3F | 8GB SDHC 2GB RAM
    Asus EEE PC 701B
    bagito | manila pride :D