Thread: alfa asus036h fakeauth & macchanger & associate problem

Default alfa asus036h fakeauth & macchanger & associate problem

Yo.

Bought me a AWUS036H USB one week ago. Since then I was not able to bring this wirelesscard up to work 100% on BT3final !!! (just to point out: everything from wep to wpa/wpa2 - cracking using my old atheros-card worked fine, although it took me some time )

AWUS0036h:

aireplay-ng -9 wlan0 ONLY works on a "native" USB2.0 port - no pcmcia usb2.0-cards are supported, which a really pity is, cause that puts my good old ibm t23 closer to ebay as i like ...

on a sony-vaio running live-cd bt3final the alfa-usb-dongle seems to work fine in monitor mode, injection runs quiet fast - BUT each time i ifconfig wlan0 down and up, the card seems to be in "another mode", then when right after plugging in (comes to effect when using the macchanger option for e.g.). By "another mode" i mean: iwconfig wlan0 output says, the card is in mode managed. but when i ask for instant 10times after another for the iwconfig wlan0 status, each time i got the card on another channel (is it channel hopping?).

also the aireplay-ng -0 fakeauth-attack doesnt work, neither on hd-install nor live-cd modus - not on the ibm nor on the sony-vaio (when using this attack with the atheros-card the fakeauthed mac immediately shows up on the airodump screen, but with the alfa, there is still nothing, although the attack says, authentication has been succesfull ).

question: is there any work-around for these problems?

greets, ace.

same problem here!

it looks auth is ok in aireplay-ng -1, but on the airodump-ng screen the alfa doesn,t shows up.

any ideas??

tnx

Quote Originally Posted by acebrazer View Post
    ...i mean: iwconfig wlan0 output says, the card is in mode managed. but when i ask for instant 10times after another for the iwconfig wlan0 status, each time i got the card on another channel (is it channel hopping?).
    Yes the card will be channel hopping by default unless you lock it down to a single channel.

Quote Originally Posted by acebrazer View Post
    also the aireplay-ng -0 fakeauth-attack doesnt work, neither on hd-install nor live-cd modus - not on the ibm nor on the sony-vaio (when using this attack with the atheros-card the fakeauthed mac immediately shows up on the airodump screen, but with the alfa, there is still nothing, although the attack says, authentication has been succesfull ).

question: is there any work-around for these problems?

greets, ace.
    The fake-authentication attack works just fine with my Alfa, by the way the correct option is -1 not -0 which is the de-authentication attack.

Quote Originally Posted by maxwin View Post
    same problem here!

it looks auth is ok in aireplay-ng -1, but on the airodump-ng screen the alfa doesn,t shows up.

any ideas??

tnx
    As far as I remember the card will not show up on the airodump-ng screen as a client until you start to actually inject some packets to the AP. Come to think of it I am not 100 % sure that it will show up even at this point, as it varies with the card/driver, but this is in no way relevant to the whole WEP cracking process.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.