Thread: Aireplay + ALFA AWUS036H

Default Aireplay + ALFA AWUS036H

Hey guys, I just finally received my ALFA AWUS036H in the mail today. It seems to work great, but I am having an issue with Aireplay.

So, I type in..
    Code:
    aireplay-ng -1 0 -a (bssid) -h 00:11:22:33:44:55 -e Ownage wlan0
    Ownage is my own router, btw.

After typing that in, I get..
    Code:
    Sending Authentication Request (Open System) [ACK]
    Authentication sucessful
    Sending Association Request [ACK]
    Association successful :-) (AIR: 1)
    So that's farther than my old card. lol
    After that I type in:
    Code:
    aireplay-ng -3 -b (bssid here) -h 00:11:22:33:44:55 wlan0
    Then it says..
    Code:
    Read #### packets (got 0 ARP requests and 0 ACKs), sent - packets... (0 pps)
    If I let it sit for a while, it tells me..

Notice: got a deauth/disassoc packet. Is the source MAC associated ?

What's going on?

1. what type of AP do you have wep/wpa??
    2. are there actually clients connected to your AP?

1: WEP, the WEP key is 1234567890. lol
    2: I don't really understand what you mean by clients.. My home PC is connected, and my friend is also connected by wireless.

OK I think you should go and find a wep cracking tutorial which explains in full the code you have to do, wep is the easiest to crack, so you shouldnt have too many problems

Your right clients are computers that are connected to your AP and generate packets on the network. You have 2 options either you can try and crack your ap using clients or without.

If you choose to crack with clients, you will need to use kismet or airodump do find out what your clients(home pc and your firend) mac address is. You will then need to insert these in some of your commands

If you dont understand any bits of the tutorial feel free to post back or pm me, and ill do my best to help

Quote Originally Posted by calypso View Post
    OK I think you should go and find a wep cracking tutorial which explains in full the code you have to do, wep is the easiest to crack, so you shouldnt have too many problems

Your right clients are computers that are connected to your AP and generate packets on the network. You have 2 options either you can try and crack your ap using clients or without.

If you choose to crack with clients, you will need to use kismet or airodump do find out what your clients(home pc and your firend) mac address is. You will then need to insert these in some of your commands

If you dont understand any bits of the tutorial feel free to post back or pm me, and ill do my best to help
    I have been using this tutorial: ww.youtube.com/watch?v=oHq-cKoYcr8

I've followed it completely. :\

ive perosnally watched some of the "hacking" vids on youtube and dont find them very gd - instead why not check out some of xploitz videos on remote forums

errors in the above code:

Code:
    aireplay-ng -1 0 -a (bssid) -h 00:11:22:33:44:55 -e Ownage wlan0
    -h denotes the clients mac, unless he/she has spoofed their mac address which i doubt this is most certainly wrong

Why are you using two different attacks in the same session?

have you started up airodump to dump all the ivs that aireaplay is getting?

Calypso

Thumbs up

I did it with the help of this video:
    hxxp://blip.tv/file/765249

When I posted this thread, my friend was over and I really couldn't concentrate. lol

Anyway, it works great, and I get about 1000 data a second, which is fairly impressive no? lol

I just don't really understand how aireplay works. There's all these different attacks, and I don't even know what deauth is, blah blah.. I have a basic understanding but that's about it..