Thread: Extended Version

Just burned his ISO

Exclamation Extended Version

Looking for a list of extended version's extra contents - or any information that would go along with this

Please Help!

use the search button

The USB version includes all the same tools as the CD version of BT3 Final and as an addition the kernel headers and Compiz Fusion.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

Just burned his ISO

Exclamation

there are about six compiz .lzm files in the modules folder.. the largest in there though is mesa.lzm - is that part of compiz ... and/or if not what is it, and what would it mean if i got rid of it ?

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Quote Originally Posted by clcardio71 View Post
    ... and what would it mean if i got rid of it ?
    It would mean you wouldn't have it anymore.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

there are about six compiz .lzm files in the modules folder.. the largest in there though is mesa.lzm - is that part of compiz ... and/or if not what is it, and what would it mean if i got rid of it ?
    Why would you want to get rid of it in the first place? If you want BT3F without Compiz Fusion simply download the CD version and get the kernel headers manually.

Just burned his ISO

to streaker69: It would be more helpful if you left your GeNiuS insights out of here.

Im trying to make my own .iso. I have added a module that makes the .iso too large for a cd. I need one for a cd. So i have to cut some things out. The modules folder is the first place i looked

Im trying to make my own .iso. I have added a module that makes the .iso too large for a cd. I need one for a cd. So i have to cut some things out. The modules folder is the first place i looked
    I'm still trying to figure out if I'm missing something here. In case you want to fit BT3 onto a CD, why are you looking at the extended, USB, version in the first place?

Just burned his ISO

I started out with the USB version. Even if I wanted the cd version noW to create my custom CD version, my additional module will def not fit on the cd version. I guess there is only one real way to find out right... boot a version where i have deleted all six compiz, AND the mesa .lzm s, and see if it runs what I need it to run with out them.

I started out with the USB version. Even if I wanted the cd version noW to create my custom CD version, my additional module will def not fit on the cd version. I guess there is only one real way to find out right... boot a version where i have deleted all six compiz, AND the mesa .lzm s, and see if it runs what I need it to run with out them.
    Well as far as that goes yes, the USB version wlil definately run without compiz. It's in there as a prettier alternative to KDE, Gnome, Flux, etc.... It has no ties to the internal OS, it's just an addon.

"The goal of every man should be to continue living even after he can no longer draw breath."

~ShadowKill