Thread: need express card with external antenna

Just burned his ISO

Default need express card with external antenna

does anyone know of an express card with an external antenna connector? i plan on making a biquad dish antenna but i can't find a card with the connector, and i don't really want to use usb.

Quote Originally Posted by N00d13s View Post
    does anyone know of an express card with an external antenna connector? i plan on making a biquad dish antenna but i can't find a card with the connector, and i don't really want to use usb.
    Pretty sure one doesn't exist. I can count the number of express card wifi cards on one hand.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Just burned his ISO

do you know of any cheap adapters, the cheapest i could find was $60, even on ebay.

or do you know of any usb adapters with the connector,i'm pretty sure is was MMCX.

do you know of any cheap adapters, the cheapest i could find was $60, even on ebay.

or do you know of any usb adapters with the connector,i'm pretty sure is was MMCX.
    Beats me, I don't use usb wifi adapters.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Thumbs up

Use these great cards.

http://www.echotechwireless.com/category_s/52.htm

some other cards are also there like linksys WEC600N
    Dual-Band Wireless-N ExpressCard
    and belkin N1 express card but not having facility to add external antenna.
    but the support of discovery/injection in BT3 is point of doubt.some says it work out of box and some have problem in atheros 5006 chipset in that card.

Just burned his ISO

thanks but those are way too expensive, i might just have to pull aparts my Hawking HWU8DD and connect through that.

Thumbs down

thanks but those are way too expensive, i might just have to pull aparts my Hawking HWU8DD and connect through that.
    You want bread and butter on cost of single penny that is not possible.putting high Gain dishes doest not make sense untill the card is also having that much power.e.g. like having 300 milliwatts or 500 milliwatts.

Oh yea, that's another problem with express cards.