Thread: retrieving a hidden AP MAC address

Just burned his ISO

Default retrieving a hidden AP MAC address

Hi guys, had a search on the site but couldnt find anything that my question needs, well I have found this wifi but the only problem is that it is a hidden network,

I know its my neibours AP and I know the network name but dont know how or what software to use to retrieve the AP's MAC addy, can anyone advise on which software tool to use, I am useing BT3 live CD,

I successfully cracked my wep key, so I am comfortable with the commands, any help would be greatly appreciated,

scint...

Quote Originally Posted by scint View Post
    Hi guys, had a search on the site but couldnt find anything that my question needs, well I have found this wifi but the only problem is that it is a hidden network,

I know its my neibours AP and I know the network name but dont know how or what software to use to retrieve the AP's MAC addy, can anyone advise on which software tool to use, I am useing BT3 live CD,

I successfully cracked my wep key, so I am comfortable with the commands, any help would be greatly appreciated,

scint...
    http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=8808
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Just burned his ISO

thx Barry will give this a read through, & if needed I will come back to this thread to inform of any probs/gains thx again,

scint...

ETA, I will put my own AP/Router onto hidden so I can teach myself on how it works, thx for pointing this out to me but my neibour is a friend and doesnt mind, he had already said that I was to try and get into his network, but I will play with mine for now, so if u have any tut's or links to anything regarding finding hidden AP MAC addys,

scint...

thx Barry will give this a read through, & if needed I will come back to this thread to inform of any probs/gains thx again,

scint...

ETA, I will put my own AP/Router onto hidden so I can teach myself on how it works, thx for pointing this out to me but my neibour is a friend and doesnt mind, he had already said that I was to try and get into his network, but I will play with mine for now, so if u have any tut's or links to anything regarding finding hidden AP MAC addys,

scint...
    You might have your neighbor's permission, but that doesn't really matter.
    "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

, well I have found this wifi but the only problem is that it is a hidden network,
    Means the AP does not belongs to you.

, I know its my neibours AP and I know the network name but dont know how or what software to use to retrieve the AP's MAC addy
    YOU ARE COMMITTING ILLEGAL ACTIVITIES WHICH IS AGAINST THE FORUM RULES.

, I successfully cracked my wep key, so I am comfortable with the commands, any help would be greatly appreciated,
    You have successfully cracked you WEP key ok and now you want to try those commands on your neighbor AP's too.

Just burned his ISO

man, I can understand the forum rules, my neibour is my mate and had asked me to try coz I broke my wep,just too see if I could break his,

but it would have only took the ONE person to tell me that its not allowed not every reply, Goodness me wot a welcome, nice site with lots of info will find out for myself with google, thx

scint...