Thread: symbian tools

Default symbian tools

Im loving all the BT3 fun im having recently but i really wold like to use my phone for reconoitering wireless networks etc..
    are there any tools like kismet that could run on my W960i PDA its a symbian phone that runs the UIQ3 os.

anyone point me in the right direction

many thanks

There are a few rather nice wireless scanners for Windows Mobile based phones, like
    WiFiFoFum, but the availability of these tools are rather sparse for symbian.

I was hunting for a tool like this myself for 3rd gen S60 some months ago and about the only one I came about was the Psiloc HotSpot Finder which is available for UIQ3 as well. This is however a very basic wireless scanner which won't do much more than scanning for and recognizing wireless networks, nothing that can be compared to Kismet that is.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

thanks Tron perhaps we could share any progress we make in this area.

I have the psiloc one thanks, got it just easlier. It works but only tells you the bssid, not encryption type info like you said, tbh i really want to know if its wep or wpa more than anything really.
    Also in my search for stuff for my phone i have ended up with bucket loads of s60 programs as i can run them in a compatability type mode for different resolutions but none of the wifi ones work. Im sure you already have these as they were off torrents. but if not i could point you in the right direction.
    Thanks to everyone who has contributed towards bt3 and all the other great tools within it, especially shamanvirtuel, spoonwpa is just awesome to a noob like me. hope you find somewhere to live.

Quote Originally Posted by PwnStar View Post
    thanks Tron perhaps we could share any progress we make in this area.

I have the psiloc one thanks, got it just easlier. It works but only tells you the bssid, not encryption type info like you said, tbh i really want to know if its wep or wpa more than anything really.
    Also in my search for stuff for my phone i have ended up with bucket loads of s60 programs as i can run them in a compatability type mode for different resolutions but none of the wifi ones work. Im sure you already have these as they were off torrents. but if not i could point you in the right direction.
    Thank you, but I pretty much have given up on finding any tool good enough for symbian. I resorted back to the Nokia wireless scanner that came with the phone as it will show the BSSID, encryption and signal strength.

Currently I am however looking into the Linux based Neo Freerunner, the beauty of it is naturally that you will actually be able to run Kismet on it

is that some kind of linux emulator or OS ?
    Thanks to everyone who has contributed towards bt3 and all the other great tools within it, especially shamanvirtuel, spoonwpa is just awesome to a noob like me. hope you find somewhere to live.

Quote Originally Posted by PwnStar View Post
    is that some kind of linux emulator or OS ?
    Its a new phone that allows one to boot a full Linux OS from microSD with support for usb wlan cards. I've made a tremendous amount to progress with this platform in porting pentesting apps and cross-compiling driver support for cards. It's super cool.
    dd if=/dev/swc666 of=/dev/wyze

Quote Originally Posted by swc666 View Post
    Its a new phone that allows one to boot a full Linux OS from microSD with support for usb wlan cards. I've made a tremendous amount to progress with this platform in porting pentesting apps and cross-compiling driver support for cards. It's super cool.
    Yeah I'm really getting my hopes up for this phone, ever since it became clear that Android won't be the full open-source platform I was hoping it to be.