Thread: Program Identification

Default Program Identification

So there is this program that can only be put on 2 machines. But its a free program, so I would like to beable to put it on more than one machine. I have been doing some digging into regedit and Application Data folder to figure out how it identifies which computers are able to use the program without a serial number or n e thing.

So what im askin is, is there another place i can check to figure out how this program is running?
    This is a hackers forum :P
    root ~# aircrack-ng pwnd-01.cap
    Lenovo Thinkpad R500, OS: Ubuntu 8.10, BackTrack3, Windows XP (VirtualBox), Windows Vista, Windows 7 beta

Quote Originally Posted by Shavx View Post
    So there is this program that can only be put on 2 machines. But its a free program, so I would like to beable to put it on more than one machine.
    Based on the extensive information you provide it sounds to me like the program is only free to use as long as you install it on no more than 2 computers at once. Circumventing this limit is therefore hardly something you will get much help with on this forum.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Quote Originally Posted by Shavx View Post
    So there is this program that can only be put on 2 machines. But its a free program, so I would like to beable to put it on more than one machine. I have been doing some digging into regedit and Application Data folder to figure out how it identifies which computers are able to use the program without a serial number or n e thing.

So what im askin is, is there another place i can check to figure out how this program is running?
    Sure, contact who wrote the program and ask them how you install it upon more than the allowed number of computers.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.