Thread: how to boot backtrack 3 correctly?

Just burned his ISO

Default how to boot backtrack 3 correctly?

can someone explain the correct way to boot backtrack 3. im having a problem somewhere and i dont know exactly where. i think if i were to boot everything correctly i wouldnt have any problems. thanks, anthony.

a bit more information would be useful for those trying to help.

for example how you are trying to boot backtrack?

is from a cd or a usb?

or is it a hard drive installation you cant get to boot?

At what stage does the boot fail?

the more information you can give the more useful the replies will be!

I agree that is very fague indeed. Might as well say your sick and not tell us why you think that way.

If you are trying to start it up from the CD straight from windows your not going to have much luck with that. BT is a OS that you need to boot from so try putting the CD in the DVD/CD ROM then restart the computer and make sure the DVD/CD ROM is one of the first devices your PC is looking at during the boot process.

No idea if this is even your problem just thought I would throw out some random support.

Just burned his ISO

im sorry i wont be so vague anymore. everything boots up properly it doesnt fail anywhere, and i am booting from a cd. now, my problem is right before it boots it has a little list of options to choose from, i cant remember what they all are i can just remember no dhcp or something with graphics, which one of those do choose, or do i select nothing? this is where i am confused.

Well technically all of those options are proper boot options. Some of them will include extra functionality (like compiz) while others will exclude some stuff. It's up to you to choose how you want BT3 to start. If you're uncertain then choose the KDE mode.