Thread: Live CD will not boot all the way.

Default Live CD will not boot all the way.

Ok, so I have searched around and have found a similar post. I wanted to bump it but I'm not allowed because this forum has a newbie section, so I'm trying here first. lol

Here is the post with the same problems:
    (Hm, I can't post links. I'll change it a bit.)
    http: / / forums.remote-exploit. org/showthread .php? p=89035

So basically, this is what happens. I turn on the laptop (Acer Aspire 7520-5185, seems like a model issue..) and the CD boots. I see a screen with about 8 different options I can choose, or just let the countdown go down and it boots on it's own.

So then the screen goes black when the time runs out (or I click any of the options) and it stays black until I press the power button. Then the screen shows up and I see a console. Seems like it's loading the OS or the GUI or whatever it's called, and it ALWAYS get's stuck/hung up at this line:

Serial: 9250/16550 driver $Revision: 1.90 $ 4 ports, IRQ sharing enabled

So I leave it alone for a long time and nothing EVER happens. In that post I sent at the top of the message, if you press tab and enter in "acpi=off noapic" after the string without the quotes, it will boot up, but as he says the wireless will not work. What to do?

Just burned his ISO

Wink OK--try this

Did you select VESA mode? I have the same problem. The boot process won't complete until I press the power button once. I figured that one out through trial and error (no help here). I am able to run BT3 so far without any hitches. Looks like you have a different problem.

Just burned his ISO

Default Arranque de BT3 en un Acer 7520

En la pantalla de arranque tienes que seleccionar el arranque en modo texto con el tabulador.

Luego corriges la línea que te salga hasta que te quede así:

/boot/vmLinuz vga=normal initrd=/boot/initrd.gz ramdisk_size=6666
    root=/dev/ram0 rw acpi=off noapic

y das al intro.

ADMIN EDIT: English please!

Quote Originally Posted by crowheart View Post
    Did you select VESA mode? I have the same problem. The boot process won't complete until I press the power button once. I figured that one out through trial and error (no help here). I am able to run BT3 so far without any hitches. Looks like you have a different problem.
    Yes I have tried vesa mode, and all the other modes, no luck there.. Also, I tried:

from zorbaelgriego's post. It DID get past serial, and got me ALL the way to the whole root/toor login. I did an xconf, then I did startx, and the screen went black and I did see a mouse for a second, then it crashes and goes back to a text screen. I can't scroll it, but I do see an error.. "kded: ERROR: Communication problem with kded, it probably crashed."

Anyway, thanks for the help so far.. If anyone can suggest anything, I'll give it a try.

Question What I've got so far.

Okay. So. I select the text mode, press tab, and change the string to this:

Quote Originally Posted by zorbaelgriego View Post
    After that, it gets past Serial: and does boot, but like I said before, I get no wifi. I wonder if it has anything to do with the wireless card?

I tried BT2 earlier today, and it boots up fine, no cheats needed. I can use the wireless assistant to connect to my router, and I can see my neighbors wep locked routers. So I tried cracking my own wep in BT2, but I can't. I'm thinking my wireless network card is not compatible, as #1, it says for every "pwr" in the pwr column, every number is at -1. Next, I try to do an injection with aireplay-ng, and it tries to authenticate, but cannot. I told this to someone on youtube, and they suspect my card is incompatible with injection..

I'm just trying to throw as much info as I've got out so maybe someone can identify my problem? Just so you know. lol

So yeah, when I boot BT3 with that string I posted above, the wireless will not work. It can't find any wifi, and when I try airmon-ng nothing shows up. Perhaps the card is disabled somehow? Any way to turn it on?

Just doesn't make sense that it works in BT2, but not in 3. What's the difference? D:

Just burned his ISO

I got the same problem with my acer 7520, i start the boot and got black screen, if i push my power button it starts the boot, looks like console but it stops inmedetly and doesnt boot further... any help would be verry nice.

Just burned his ISO

yea i just got done reading a similar thing about acer , i have a thinkpad t20 , and its got the savage s3 graphics card , well i read up on it turns out the driver thats on the cd is no good for my old chipset , so i manually forced it back to an older version ,

it sounds like you need to play with xorg -configre set everything to bare @$$ minimum defaults and i would also investigate the video chipset that you have ,

it took me 20 plus odd hours to figure out its a beta package on bt4 boot cd that wasnt letting my old pos boot ,