Thread: Lilo and reformatting problem!

Just burned his ISO

Default Lilo and reformatting problem!

Well I wasn't sure where to put this since, it's not directly related to BT. But anyways I was able to dual boot to either BT or Windowsxp, now I want to reformat my computer and I went to do so by using my recovery disc(Which I have done in the past.) I get half way through the process and I have seen 2 different errors... So then I started up BT from disc(What I am on now.) and used qtparted and removed all partitions from my hard drive... Started it again, walked away since it was taking like 50min to complete come back my computer is off. Start it up again and lilo starts up? I choose windowsxp just because and it gives me a weird error. Now I don't know what to do.
    Any help would be very appreciated/

Quote Originally Posted by tyrgas View Post
    Well I wasn't sure where to put this since, it's not directly related to BT. But anyways I was able to dual boot to either BT or Windowsxp, now I want to reformat my computer and I went to do so by using my recovery disc(Which I have done in the past.) I get half way through the process and I have seen 2 different errors... So then I started up BT from disc(What I am on now.) and used qtparted and removed all partitions from my hard drive... Started it again, walked away since it was taking like 50min to complete come back my computer is off. Start it up again and lilo starts up? I choose windowsxp just because and it gives me a weird error. Now I don't know what to do.
    Any help would be very appreciated/
    There really isn't a problem from what I can see. Lilo is written to the MBR and as such isn't removed when you delete all partitions. You are getting that error because, well, windows doesn't exist anymore

If you load up your windows disk and do a fresh install it will overwrite the MBR with the Windows bootloader and then you'll be back to normal.

"The goal of every man should be to continue living even after he can no longer draw breath."

~ShadowKill