Thread: Can we emulate a wireless network on vmware??

Just burned his ISO

Default Can we emulate a wireless network on vmware??

It is easy to emulate a LAN on vmware?? but can we emulate a wireless network on vmware??

Quote Originally Posted by freaky4321 View Post
    It is easy to emulate a LAN on vmware?? but can we emulate a wireless network on vmware??
    I am not quite sure that I understand what you are asking here, but it is possible to use a wireless device in VMware, as long as it is connected through USB. Internal wireless cards will however not be recognized.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

Just burned his ISO

well.. i mean that i want to practice all those wireless commands but i dont have a wireless network to practice on.. also..im against doing somthng against law..
    so wanted to setup a wireless network on VMWARE so that i can emulate machines in a wireless network having connections wid each other

AFAIK you can't simulate wireless network in virtual machine networks. Access points are getting pretty cheap lately. You can also check garage sales and whatnot.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Just burned his ISO

well.. here we dont have them going cheap ( in INDIA wireless will take time to develop).. anyways thanks.. that was what i needed to know.. :-)

Using USB wireless dongles maybe an option but I don't exactly know what you are getting at.

Quote Originally Posted by hatake_kakashi View Post
    Using USB wireless dongles maybe an option but I don't exactly know what you are getting at.
    The OP wants to emulate a wireless network (a wireless AP) within a virtual environment, not simply use a wireless card within it. As Barry states there is most likely no way to do this.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

VMWare iESX has support for virtual Wired networks but not wireless.