Thread: Greetings

Just burned his ISO

Hey, guys iam new in this Wlan Stuff, I want try to check my Own Wlan because my Firewall shows that other Computers are in my Network. Now i want to Try Backtrack, i found few Tutorials for Backtrack 2 but not one for Backtrack 3 i Use DWL-G122 Rev.c1 i seen in few posts in this Forum that the adapter works, i added it on Backtrack 3. in USB Devices it shows 802.11 bg WLAN.

Now iam Searching a Tutorial for Backtrack 3, Because i dont find one in the Board, so i hope you can Help me

My Network calles "Fritz.Box! Funk"

WPA Mode is WPA + WPA2

I see that on

airdump-ng rausb0 he dont find anyone in the secound list.

In the First i see all networks who in Near like my Fritz!Funk "Hasi" from my Nightbarhood. But in the Secound list i dont find anyone

i run aridump-ng rausb0 -w test --channel 7

Quote Originally Posted by Ehnoah View Post
    Hey, guys iam new in this Wlan Stuff, I want try to check my Own Wlan because my Firewall shows that other Computers are in my Network. Now i want to Try Backtrack,.......
    If you know a problem exists why don't you fix it.
    Proving that you can do what you know others already are doing doesn't accomplish anything for you.
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.

Quote Originally Posted by thorin View Post
    If you know a problem exists why don't you fix it.
    Proving that you can do what you know others already are doing doesn't accomplish anything for you.
    And as you state that you already use WPA encryption the only thing you need to change is the password. Just make sure to choose a long and truly random passphrase utilizing all allowed characters and you will keep unauthorized users from using your wlan connection.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.