Thread: Atheros AWLC4130 not working

Just burned his ISO

Smile Atheros AWLC4130 not working

Hello all, im new here and im not expert in linux. Ok the problem is this:

Mi pci bus card work in monitor mode, but i cant do a good injection the packets, i read in some forums what madwifi drivers supports monitor and injection, how i can install the lastest drives (madwifi) in Backtrack 3, im using live cd. I can do without compile kernel? any tool for update drivers in KDE?

Thanks alot for ur support, have a nice day.

Software what i use:

- BackTrack 3 (live cd version)

Thanks for this wonderfull distro, is awesome, small annd very nice.

Just burned his ISO

Odd. The network card compatibility list for BT3 shows your card to work 100% out of the box. I'm not sure on installing the updated drivers, but you might want to try a Live DVD instead of the CD version. The Live CD is a stripped down version of the USB/Live DVD. The Live DVD might have the drivers already included you're looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Kennosuke View Post
    Odd. The network card compatibility list for BT3 shows your card to work 100% out of the box. I'm not sure on installing the updated drivers, but you might want to try a Live DVD instead of the CD version. The Live CD is a stripped down version of the USB/Live DVD. The Live DVD might have the drivers already included you're looking for.
    Both the CD and the DVD versions should have all the needed drivers installed. I believe that the only way the two versions differ in is that the CD version is missing the kernel headers and Compiz Fusion.

Mi pci bus card work in monitor mode, but i cant do a good injection the packets, i read in some forums what madwifi drivers supports monitor and injection, how i can install the lastest drives (madwifi) in Backtrack 3, im using live cd. I can do without compile kernel? any tool for update drivers in KDE?
    When you say you are not able to do "a good injection" what exactly do you mean? In case you are able to do any injection at all successfully you already use the appropriate drivers, the rest mainly comes down to the strength of your card and other outside factors as distance and what kind of obstacles there are between you and the AP.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.