Thread: Atheros AR5008, and AR5006 mini-pci express?

Just burned his ISO

Default Atheros AR5008, and AR5006 mini-pci express?

Hey folks, I have a lenovo T60, and a T61. The T60 has a 3945ABG card, and the T61 has a 4965AGN card.
    I've been having issues getting these cards to work correctly, so I was going to order another card off ebay or something. The T60 and T61 both have internal Mini-PCI Express slots.
    I was looking into the atheros cards because thats what Xploitz uses , but I am having trouble finding conformation that these support packet injecting.
    The Atheros Mini-PCI Express cards I have found are the AR5006EX(abg), and AR5008 (abgn).
    Can any one verify that these chipsets will work with packet injection?
    thanks!

I have a Gigabyte WI06N (A,B,G,N) and is based on the AR5008 chipset, and it works absolutley flawlessly on BT3, i highly recommend it.

Just burned his ISO

Thanks! Can anyone verify that the AR5008E-3NX works also? Is this a newer AR5008 chipset?
    If not, I'll go with the one that defcon88 recommended.

Just burned his ISO

Cool Gigabyte GN-WI06N

I can confirm that this card works without any problems. It is recognised as AR5416 but it does not metter. It's said on the oxford tech where I bought it that it is AR5008 chipset

by means of wlanconfig you can easily create the new device in monitor mode. Works just fine for me, as at home I have Asmax 904 router where WPA2 mixed mode is turned on an probably due to 802.11n draft it makes impossible for my laptop to authenticate VIA WPA/WPA2 (WEP works but everybody knows that WEP is not a security ) However with other APs it works well. Still testing it. And generally very good range but it also depends much on the router. Generally:
    have a try for this card.

Just burned his ISO

Hello, I also have the Gigabyte WI06N from oxford tec, and I been having some trouble getting it into monitor mode. So I boot up and open a command terminal. I type in ifconfig and I see that it only recognized ath0, which is the AR5008, its good, but then when I try to use a script like airoscript, it cant pick up any APs...I tried with a USB dongle wifi card, and it worked just fine. Any suggestions?

Just burned his ISO

Unhappy what is problem

backtarck 3 fianl problem my chip ATHEROS AR5006 error VAP CANNOT BE PUT İT İN MONİTOR MODE help me please

Just burned his ISO

Angry

Ok, just for anyone planning on buying a Gigabyte mini-pcie card for an HP pavilion laptop, don't do it. HP has a whitelist that will not allow you to boot your computer with this device installed. The only way to get it to work is to edit your bios which I DO NOT recommend, or manually installing it after post every time you boot your comp.

Edit:

got it working perfect w/ the dell inspiron 910 (mini) and BT3
    Become the change you seek in the world. - Gandhi
    The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Albert Einstein
    Don't judge the unknown - Grindordie