Thread: IPW2200 Drivers

Cooldude12a

Exclamation IPW2200 Drivers

Well here i am..Never thought i'd post it.Ok i download Backtrack version 3 and ive installed it to VMWARE ... When i do ifconfig shows me eth1 and lo . I installed the drivers correctly i think.Followed the aircrack.ng website the newb advice how to install drivers.Still nothing...Can anyone else me.Sometimes it says modules not found and more errors.well first time for backtrack :P >.< .

When you say "installed it into vmware", did you d/l the iso and boot/install from that. or did you d/l the ready-made vm image??

Also, you'll need a USB wifi device like the Alfa mentioned all over the forums

Cooldude12a

awww! A USB!! i have a ipw2200 already .... when i download vmware i downloaded the vmware one.....the one that said vmware.... hmm so i need a usb? Really is there any other ...?

Or if i use a bootable CD? and install the drivers would that work? will my old drivers on my windows xp get messed if i boot it hack it then go to xp? Thanks if i boot it will i be able to get it working with my ipw2200? THANKS!

Yes, you can use your internal wifi with the livecd

Your Windows partition won't be touched, unless you deliberately mount your Windows partition within BT and mess around with it........

Have a read up on live cd's

Cooldude12a

Ah! Sweet! Thanks for the help i have one last question.If i boot it up from a CD...Will the ipw2200 "drivers" be install automatically? If so.I can go start aircrack? (I read that they will....I just have to make sure by asking...before wasting some time ) :P

Check the forums and wiki for general compatibility issues.........

And test things out yourself - experiment a little - you'd be surprised what you can learn with a little application on your own part

Cooldude12a

Trust me experiment a little is a bad idea.Been there and done that...Too many times in fact...Somtime i fail and im to lazy to fix it all.Could ya just let me know if it will automatically install the ipw2200 drivers...Just tell me ... wasting my time here posting then T_T...well ill be on the other boards then if your not going to help..Though thanks a lot anyways

Quote Originally Posted by Cooldude12a View Post
    Trust me experiment a little is a bad idea.Been there and done that...Too many times in fact...Somtime i fail and im to lazy to fix it all.Could ya just let me know if it will automatically install the ipw2200 drivers...Just tell me ... wasting my time here posting then T_T...well ill be on the other boards then if your not going to help..Though thanks a lot anyways

WOW!

What do these kind of people want?

"can you please answer all of my questions, really quickly, just to save *me* from wasting *my* time finding out for *myself*!?!?

OK, we'll waste *our* time on your behalf then, shall we?

You don't like experimenting and finding things out for yourself, because you're "...to lazy to fix it..." if it goes wrong?

All you need to do is boot the CD and see if it detects your wireless card.......
    But anyway, I already answered you, stating "YES" you can use your internal card with BT3.

It looks very much like you only intend to become a "1337 h4x0r" overnight and "crack de wep" with your new found "m4d 5k1llZ" and "IPW-fu" so I'm sure you won't be needing our help any more

Guys like you give newbies a bad name