Thread: spoonwep (wow)

Just burned his ISO

Default spoonwep (wow)

that spoonwep program on backtrack 3 final is incredible. As a newbie I've been wrestling with airmon, airodump, aireplay and aircrack for days and not getting very far, never cracked a wep with it. But 5 mins on spoonwep and the wep key was there. I had to blink to make sure I wasn't seeing things ha ha. Just to make sure it wasn't a lucky shot I aimed spoonwep at a different AP. Again 5 mins and I had another wep key.
    Hang on a sec....my own AP has a 10 digit wep key...suddenly I don't feel so secure.

I aimed spoonwep at a different AP. Again 5 mins and I had another wep key.
    Hang on a sec....my own AP has a 10 digit wep key...suddenly I don't feel so secure.
    Try keeping your fingers out of other peoples cookie jars, cracking or accessing an AP that you do not have the right to use is a crime.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

Quote Originally Posted by tonjg View Post
    ...I aimed spoonwep at a different AP. Again 5 mins and I had another wep key....
    i'm sure that what he meant was that, like many of us, he has multiple APs so that he can test intrusion/prevention techniques without breaking the law or getting sent to the 'corner' and banned from BT forums.

that is what you meant, yes?
    ~k

"...you've picked up a bit of an attitude. Still curious and willing to learn, I hope. "

And that surely is the reason why he in the next sentence mentiones his own AP, in singular by the way as opposed to the two he tested out SpoonWEP on. No my friend this one is beyond repair I'm afraid
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

Just burned his ISO

I have 4 AP's, one of which I use most of the time. The others remain unplugged except when I want to play with them. I hope this puts the damper on any further concerns on this matter.

Just burned his ISO

on a side note, while spoonwep is a great way to humiliate friends and show off how easy
    it is to crack a wep, you might consider trying to do it by hand at least once
    it's not that hard and when the aircrack suite gets updated and spoonwep isn't compatible anymore you won't have to wait for an update..

Piggybacking on that, it's great when things work the way you want them to, but what's even better is understanding why they works the way you want them to. It is very essential in the grand scheme of what it is we do, to know the ins and outs of your system, and the tools you run on your system. Doing so allows you to not only analyse problems if/when they occur, and they will occur that's just the nature of technology, but it also allows you to adapt and use what you know to furthur your exploits using techniques others may not have thought up yet.

Everything is based on something; the aircrack suite didn't just pop up out of nowhere....

"The goal of every man should be to continue living even after he can no longer draw breath."

~ShadowKill

video with spoonwep:

http://blip.tv/file/1023601

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sak3r View Post
    when the aircrack suite gets updated and spoonwep isn't compatible anymore you won't have to wait for an update..
    Actually if you have followed the development of ShamenVirtuel's tools you would know about Ezpwn and that it has the option to do one stop point and click updating of the aircrack suite as well as some others.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Thanks for posting the video i love that the person played minesweeper and pinball when using spoonwep .