Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Call to Inusertemp failed

Just burned his ISO

Default Call to Inusertemp failed

Hello,

Let's make it short

I've downloaded backtrack 3 beta, burned it and it worked like a charm.

After that I've downloaded backtrack 3 final, burned it and it would give during bootup an error like (not literally): "cannot read module data pentest (corupted download)"

After that I get the terminal to start the visual part with startx. After using xconf en typing xstart it would start but would say something like: "Call to Inusertemp failed (temporary directories full?). Check your installation". And it returned to the terminal.

After that I use the command "mkdir /root/" to create the root directory. After using xtart again it start's with the default layout, without any tweaks from Backtrack (no menu, wallpaper, etc). Everything works just fine from the terminal but I kinda miss the easy part from starting up (without doing anything) and with all the tweaks you guys made.

I have tried the following:
    - First, the hash check is correct
    -second I've downloaded it again and burned it again (just like the first time with the slowest option for burning), again not working
    -then I've downloaded it on my other laptop
    -checked again the hash, correct
    -burned it again very slow, and again it failed
    It fails on two of my computers while the beta works like a charm (on both of them)...

Anyone knows how this comes?

Greetingzz Themuzz

Did you check your downloaded iso image for errors with the bt3-final.iso.md5 ?

Just burned his ISO

Yes, I did. I also checked it withe the sha1 hash...
    Both are correct.

As you can read above, I also downloaded it three times and burned it on two different computers.

7ELEVEN

i also have the same problem when i try to run it on my thinkpad

Just burned his ISO

you could try running it in vmware?
    [U] Wannabee Geek ... :cool: [/U]

Just burned his ISO

Then I first have to install vmware on every computer I wanna use it...
    And second: VMware doesn't allow wireless injection..

No easy solution? Or something??

I also found the following posts what look like the same problems but never have been solved:

Some other sites I'm not allowed to post because I did not post 15 reply's yet...

And second: VMware doesn't allow wireless injection..
    As long as you use an supported USB wireless device you should be able to inject as far as I know.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

Quote Originally Posted by =Tron= View Post
    As long as you use an supported USB wireless device you should be able to inject as far as I know.
    i can inject fine in vmware with my alfa .. it works the same as the live cd..

Just burned his ISO

Well, alright. I admit, i didn't try, I've just heared that.

But that doesn't solve the problem that way I have to install VMware on every computer I wanne use it on. (ok, I could use Qemu...)

So nobody can solve this?? I just want it to start like every version did...

Just burned his ISO

Question

I have exactly the same problem. Will this be fixed anytime soon?

Here's my hardware setup:

Dell XPS Gen 2, Pentuim M 2.13GHz, 2GB Ram, CDRW/DVD Burner, Intel PRO Wireless 2915ABG Card, 60GB HD (NTFS 3.1) 7200rpm 19% full

I have another laptop as well, but the problem is the same on it. I have used the beta version with no problems, but this final has something different about it. I am not a Linux guy (yet) so that makes this even harder to fix without help. I read through the forums and found info on downloading and burning. I downloaded painfully slow (even though the MD5 check was good on my other 4 downloads), then I burned the image as slowly as my PowerISO would go (3x I think). I have also tried burning with Nero and Roxio too. Every time I get the same old thing. pentest.lzm won't load and Call to lnusertmp Fails when starting up.

If there's any information I can add to help figure this out, please let me know and I will post it.

Thanks for any help!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast