Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will Airlink101 AWLL3028 Dongle Work?

Just burned his ISO

Exclamation Will Airlink101 AWLL3028 Dongle Work?

Backtrack 2 doesn't seem to work with this particular wireless dongle, I TRIED ordering the AWLL3026 which is suppose to work, but they sent me the wrong one, so my question is does the AWLL3028 work on Backtrack 3, I would love to know before I download the big file and waste a cd/time.

alternatively can I use the AWLL3026 drivers with BT2?

I know the 3026 is "Supposed" to work (which is what I wanted) but I am stuck with this for now.

oh more details, I can't seem to make the dongle show up in ifconfig or iwconfig.

I would also like to know if I have to type anything special or do anything special to get it set up to even show up.

thanks for your time.

/??????????????????????????????

http://wiki.remote-exploit.org/index.php/HCL:Wireless

sorry i missed the 8!

Just burned his ISO

Default ok I am trying it.

well I am going to attempt it with BT3 which I took the time to download, I will report back if I have any luck.

otherwise I think I'll just try to RE-BUY the older version of it and maybe they will actually send me the right one :-\

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by krum1987 View Post
    well I am going to attempt it with BT3 which I took the time to download, I will report back if I have any luck.

otherwise I think I'll just try to RE-BUY the older version of it and maybe they will actually send me the right one :-\
    It didn't work, and I know the product works fine outside BT.

is there any preperation I need to know for the 26 or the 28, looks like I may have to get the old one :-\

the 26 should work just fine out of the box but will not inject without the right patch/drivers

Quote Originally Posted by *l*i*n*u*x* View Post
    the 26 should work just fine out of the box but will not inject without the right patch/drivers
    does this still hold true for BT3? Haven't been able to give it a try yet.

edit: well I just ran aireplay-ng -9 eth2 to check and it says injection is working

although I'm not sure whether that it includes fragmentation

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by *l*i*n*u*x* View Post
    ok this is one thing that throws me for a loop (and yes I have looked around) but not "Fully" understood it.

so the 26 will work, but to inject I need the right patch/drivers, so does backtrack2 or 3 have those drivers already or would I have to prep it in someway shape of form if by "modprobe" or otherwise?

what loses me is the patching of drivers, because I thought that backtrack had them patched already, which means it should be ready out of box?

I am obviously confused, and I HAVE read up on this, I just can't sort this small thing out.

thanks.

ps. if anyone wanted to know the 3028 is a realtek chip "8187b" which I just found is not supported by aircrack anyway...

I have a 3026 myself and I just tried it with BT3 final.

Ran it on my AP which is about 20 feet away.

I just did a quick test using spoonwep and tried an arpeplay attack with a client first. Then I tried a chopchop attack next.

Both times I was able to inject. I think I averaged about 300pps using the chopchop but I'm pretty close to my AP so I figured it might have been able to go a bit faster than that. However, the 3026 seems to stay on 1M if you try to change the rate. It doesn't seem to go any higher.

I let the chopchop attack go all the way and it cracked my 128bit WEP key in about 4 mins.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by jkroeder View Post
    I have a 3026 myself and I just tried it with BT3 final.

Ran it on my AP which is about 20 feet away.

I just did a quick test using spoonwep and tried an arpeplay attack with a client first. Then I tried a chopchop attack next.

Both times I was able to inject. I think I averaged about 300pps using the chopchop but I'm pretty close to my AP so I figured it might have been able to go a bit faster than that. However, the 3026 seems to stay on 1M if you try to change the rate. It doesn't seem to go any higher.

I let the chopchop attack go all the way and it cracked my 128bit WEP key in about 4 mins.
    sweet, I don't need anything super fast, I have just been unlucky on all of the wireless chipsets I already owned and ordered. I put in ANOTHER order for the 3026 and I made sure they were sending me the right one this time :-P

if you have any problems and if you have the solution for those problems, or if you had to do anything to set it up like modprobe or rmmod then just tell me so I know, and so I can be lazy

I didn't have to do anything special. BT detects it as an 'eth' interface

It seems like the final build of BT has the drivers already patched since my attempts at injection work perfectly fine. Maybe someone on the BT team can confirm.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast