Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to use a proxy?

Default How to use a proxy?

Hi

I've been searching for how to use a proxy, to surf anonomisly on the web in BT3, but found nothing.

Witch tool is best? and a good tutorial would be nice.

Thanks in advance.

I can't believe I'm still awake to type this but I had luck with running tor and getting the foxyproxy addon to firefox.

#tor

be patient it'll eventually have success

open firefox goto tools addons get extensions and find foxyproxy there. restart browser and enable foxy proxy (it'll prompt you with some simple questions)
    ================================================== ===
    Dr. Walter - Depraved linguist, Benevolent troublemaker extraordinaire
    ================================================== ===

You will need a good proxy list for FoxyProxy. So dig one/some up on Google. 50% of the proxies wont work but work on building a list of ones that do. Also use Tor. So get those together and go buy a cup of Starbuck (cash only, prefer coinage) so you can legally use thier wifi. But wear a disguisio hat. Park several blocks away and change clothes three or four times in route and you should be fairly anon.
    <EeePc 1000HA BT4/W7 USB boot Alfa500 GPS BlueTooth>

Quote Originally Posted by PeppersGhost View Post
    You will need a good proxy list for FoxyProxy. So dig one/some up on Google. 50% of the proxies wont work but work on building a list of ones that do. Also use Tor. So get those together and go buy a cup of Starbuck (cash only, prefer coinage) so you can legally use thier wifi. But wear a disguisio hat. Park several blocks away and change clothes three or four times in route and you should be fairly anon.
    Just make sure you use gloves and have wrapped every inch of your body in cellophane, so no fingerprints or DNA is left behind
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

Gotta go Gattacca style too, shave EVERY hair on your body...... Every one.......

And scrub your skin till you bleed of course....*duh*

"The goal of every man should be to continue living even after he can no longer draw breath."

~ShadowKill

Oh yea, and dont bring you're cell phone. "they" could pull toghether a gps map of all cell phones in the area at that time.

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

I have a question for all you folks that feel the need to use these 'anonymous' proxies.

How do you know that whomever is running the proxy isn't actually someone who's sitting there monitoring all the traffic to begin with? Whether it be scammers or government officials, how do you know that it's actually trustworthy?

Especially when you're just downloading some list off of google.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

And for the love of God make sure you bring your tinfoil hat.

How do you know that whomever is running the proxy isn't actually someone who's sitting there monitoring all the traffic to begin with? Whether it be scammers or government officials, how do you know that it's actually trustworthy?
    I guess this is where the difference between anonymity and security comes into play. Tor is widely considered to be secure as far as your anonymity goes, but this doesn't mean that the person hosting the exit node could not sniff all the data going through him. As long as you do not transmit any compromising information about yourself your identity does however remain unthreatened.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

Quote Originally Posted by PeppersGhost View Post
    Oh yea, and dont bring you're cell phone. "they" could pull toghether a gps map of all cell phones in the area at that time.
    And definitely wear clothes that the "microdot" won't stick to.. they can tell "them" where ever you are. *mission impossible* anyone? better yet, don't wear clothes

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    I have a question for all you folks that feel the need to use these 'anonymous' proxies.

Especially when you're just downloading some list off of google.
    Well Streaker, I dont use a proxy, although I have tested the FoxyProxy which I was pretty satisfied that it does work because, like I said I tested it. As for the proxy list you're absolutly right, this is not for logging into you're bank account. Proxy lists are somewhat of a gray area, as there is no real way to verify who's who. But if you want you're IP to appear to change every few seconds, then so be it. Foxy will do it. And Tron is absolutly right about TOR. Sunapi they dont need a microdot if you have a cell phone. Right now all kinds of research is being conducted with cell phones that is not public. And without consent. And I am absolutly right about that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast