Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: stealth after cracking and connecting

Just burned his ISO imported_slasher's Avatar

Default stealth after cracking and connecting

hi,

Accepting a challenge from my housemate, i just cracked his AP with WEP using -= Xploitz =- tutorial (i'm sure he doesn't know this yet. hehe). I'm just wondering, if i connect to that AP which has internet connection, and get access to the internet, can he somehow detect that i'm going online, steal my yahoo passwords, see which page i'm browsing...etc?

Thumbs down

Well from the sound of it you don't have consent to be on your roommates network so i would guess that what your doing is Illegal...

The possibility is there.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Good friend of the forums williamc's Avatar

You can do lots of fun things, like an upside down ternet:
    http://www.ex-parrot.com/~pete/upside-down-ternet.html

As for your passwords, I would think anything going over the wire unencryped would be fair game.

William

Quote Originally Posted by Apollopimp View Post
    Well from the sound of it you don't have consent to be on your roommates network so i would guess that what your doing is Illegal...

yo, its not illegal LOL
    He challenge me to do that, and in matter of time, i will brag to him that i finally cracked his AP
    -- p/s: He is my housemate, not roommate --

You can do lots of fun things, like an upside down ternet:
    haha. nice one william

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by slasher View Post
    yo, its not illegal LOL
    He challenge me to do that, and in matter of time, i will brag to him that i finally cracked his AP
    -- p/s: He is my housemate, not roommate --
    Well I am personally glad that you told us that your "housemate" challenged you. Now everything is ok. At first I thought you might be one of those hax0r dudes. lolzr!

I mean seriously you really didn't even bother to read the rules when you signed up here did you?
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Yes its better if you state that info in the beginning hence people wont help people that are breaking the law..

from what you said in the first post it seemed like you didn't have consent to do what you are doing..

so thanks for stating otherwise

wow, it seems that i brought misunderstanding alot. i've rephrased my first post to suite the original meaning i intend to convey. Hope its not a problem anymore.haha

thanks to all

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by slasher View Post
    wow, it seems that i brought misunderstanding alot. i've rephrased my first post to suite the original meaning i intend to convey. Hope its not a problem anymore.haha
    thanks to all
    Here let me show you a better example:
    Hey I am using backtrack and the tutorial from xploitz, on cracking wep keys. I was wondering that if someone were to do this to my network would they be able to also "see" my yahoo or other types of data. And if so what type of tool would someone use to do this.
    As to the answer to your question yes some one could do such a thing the answer to that and many more questions are to be found here in the forums.
    Here is another hint: wireshark
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

can he somehow detect that i'm going online, steal my yahoo passwords, see which page i'm browsing...etc
    Some nefarious individuals have been known to set up open access points in crowded areas (motels, apartments, malls, etc) for just this reason. Something to think about anytime you connect to a wireless network that doesn't belong to you, even if you have permission.

Beware of geeks bearing gifts.

If your housemate has logging enabled on his ap he can certainly track your usage with very little technical ability. If he has the technical ability he can do all that you mentioned and more. Checkout the dsniff suite of tools.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast