Thread: Zenmap

Default Zenmap

I was browsing around BT3 and came across zenmap i did not know this was here not in backtrack menu. So for anyone who has not seen it yet it can be found in usr/bin/zenmap just type zenmap in konsole

I saw this too and did a side by side comparison with the Nmap front end that is selectable in the menu thinking it was the same thing that just got named differently but there seems to be a different layout

Just burned his ISO

Default Zenmap error

Error in sys.excepthook:
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/usr/local/bin/zenmap", line 59, in excepthook
    import gtk
    File "/var/lib/python-support/python2.4/gtk-2.0/gtk/__init__.py", line 45, in ?
    from _gtk import *
    RuntimeError: could not open display

Original exception was:
    File "/usr/local/bin/zenmap", line 150, in ?
    app.run()
    File "/usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zenmapGUI/App.py", line 96, in run
    self.__run_gui()
    File "/usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zenmapGUI/App.py", line 100, in __run_gui
    import gtk
    from _gtk import *
    I got this output when I tried to run Zenmap. Has anyone seen this before?

ninwii

Quote Originally Posted by MisterCrash View Post
    I saw this too and did a side by side comparison with the Nmap front end that is selectable in the menu thinking it was the same thing that just got named differently but there seems to be a different layout
    nmapfe will be replaced by zenmap (thats what i heared). so zenmap should be in the backtrack menu (its an issue that need a fix in the final version of bt3)

Developer

Quote Originally Posted by rdbaril View Post
    Error in sys.excepthook:
    File "/usr/local/bin/zenmap", line 59, in excepthook
    import gtk
    from _gtk import *
    RuntimeError: could not open display

Original exception was:
    File "/usr/local/bin/zenmap", line 150, in ?
    app.run()
    File "/usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zenmapGUI/App.py", line 96, in run
    self.__run_gui()
    File "/usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zenmapGUI/App.py", line 100, in __run_gui
    import gtk
    from _gtk import *
    I got this output when I tried to run Zenmap. Has anyone seen this before?
    This was a missing python module that cause 3 or 4 programs in bt3 beta not to run. The issue was addressed and fixed for bt3 final. This is why its called a beta people. Don't expect it to work perfectly. If your looking for stable try bt2.